Nightclub staff

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG. I remember the Hippo bit worked there when it was Camelot . Tony had it then. Pauline Walters on reception. Howie Howard Cooper was the DJ along with others, Nott's Forest crowd especially Viv A

Rest In Peace Trevor Nottingham legend x  

Hi Sami. When did your mum work at the Hippo ?

BTW Sami, think Miney Todd was living at Colwick....if your mum lived on Forest road, then she must have known Alex Smith who was DJ at the hippo...he lived on Waterloo Promenade, off forest road.......

Hello all, thanks for the responses.. I found a Miney Todd in Colwick!, there is only one, so it must be her..I was quite young when my mum worked there. I was born 67' when Paddie was just 25! I remember visiting Miney in her flat in Carlton, her collection of stuffed owls in glass cases used to unnerve me. Does anyone remember the names?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG. I remember the Hippo bit worked there when it was Camelot . Tony had it then. Pauline Walters on reception. Howie Howard Cooper was the DJ along with others, Nott's Forest crowd especially Viv Anderson, Bertram Bowry,Rachel (blond), a girl called Elvira who were always with a girl with long dark hair, I think her name was Cathy who went out with someone called Steve, Louie Lyndsey and lots of others. I also frequented The Penny Farthing but forget the name they changed it to immediately after that,scampi and chips from the hatch and someone called Vinnie with a slight quiff who was down there all the time. Does this bring back any memories?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Maid Marion, Vinnie was the youngest of three brothers - the eldest was Tony, can't remember the on in the middle. Tony was a big soul fan, used to go out to the states to buy 45s and stuff. The middle brother worked in the Victoria centre at a clothes shop, on the first floor, at the opposite end to the water fountain. they were all just a little bit Harry Nash, but great guys generally That's pretty much all I remember, I'm afraid

• 2 years later...

Charlie,

I did not know you were still around.

Terry who owned Pharo's also owned the Blue Orchid with Brian.

I remember them both well as I DJ'd there as well.

Jean and Dot were behind the bar at Pharo's and I DJ'd.

No idea what happened to Keith (Petal) and Pat his wife.

Last time I saw him he was getting into lighting systems.

Pop ran the 8 till late which became a gay club.

At the Hippo where I also Dj'd Cranky Carol, Chantal Prevost worked the bars.

There was another tall blonde Jackie who also worked the bars.

The restaurant was run by a Spanish Guy.

Gordon Long sold it to Alan after it had become Mr Millers and he had about as much idea of running a club as.

He also opened the French Bistro opposite the CO Op department store which has now gone.

I remember you were going out with Alison who worked the cloakroom then the twins.

I don't know what happened to Carol or Anne Freeman who worked at the Blue Orchid.

I remember Jack and French George who ran the Pelham.

Black Henry and many others from that time.

You were a good DJ and worked the audience well.

Regards,

Dave

• 2 years later...
On 5/4/2008 at 7:24 PM, hippo girl said:

keith simmons owned Pickwicks on Parliament street...think Gordon Long owned image boutique ( now fat face clothes) on St Peter's gate...........what about a syndicate to buy the old hippo club!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone remember the staff at Pickwick's, think the chef was Mick & his wife Brenda was there.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...