Nightclub staff

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG. I remember the Hippo bit worked there when it was Camelot . Tony had it then. Pauline Walters on reception. Howie Howard Cooper was the DJ along with others, Nott's Forest crowd especially Viv A

Rest In Peace Trevor Nottingham legend x  

Ayup again Petal

Nice wall paper Charlie

There's a story about that wallpaper which would curdle your stomach, but I can't tell you, cos Julie would send a hit man over from Florida!

I'd like to upload another one but it tells me I only have 13k of space left and so I can't do it. I wrote to Mick asking for help, but maybe you know how? It's of Scamps and me in the DJ stand - so maybe you won't want to tell me!

PS - my memory is not so good these days, but I think only Keith was Petal - I think Pat was just Pat - but she may correct me on this. Just thought I should mention it though. :rolleyes:

Have you opened a (Free) photo bucket account Charlie.You then just download your pics to that and then copy them onto here

welcome pat..where are you living now?

Been living in Newark since 1989

such great times pat !!!!

Y'all ought to get a Yahoo account..then we could make a chat room & chat bout this stuff.........would save all these messgaes..... !laughing!

keith simmons owned Pickwicks on Parliament street...think Gordon Long owned image boutique ( now fat face clothes) on St Peter's gate...........what about a syndicate to buy the old hippo club!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Symonds was the guy who 1st owned the Beachcomber/Ad Lib later he owned Pickwicks. Gordon Long owned the Hippo but not a boutique

Keith Symonds was the guy who 1st owned the Beachcomber/Ad Lib later he owned Pickwicks. Gordon Long owned the Hippo but not a boutique

Keith Symonds also ran the Boat Club for a long time.

Ere ya go Charlie copy this into your address box

http://photobucket.com/

Then follow the links to register with them . Come back to me when you've done it, and I'll try to guide you through the next step

And a white Rolls-Royce and the flats over the Hippo and Cabin club - where me and Andrea and Mick lived for a while!

And a white Rolls-Royce and the flats over the Hippo and Cabin club - where me and Andrea and Mick lived for a while!

Actually.....Gordon owned the business but not the premises...........they were owned by a guy that lived further up the street.......I THINK Gordon was paying about £30 a week rent in those days.............would you believe. Yes he did have a white Rolls among other things.......I liked the ASTON Martin he had the best..........lol. I have to say. Gordon was one of the best bosses I ever worked for

Never saw the Aston, wish I had.

I always thought he was very, very cool - and he treated folks - even glass collectors - like people! A lot of the girls in the club seemed quite keen on him for some reason. ilikeyou

Charlie, ive no idea where Bob is now, truth is, as I belonged to a different school of karate, (Shotokan ) we had little contact with karateka of different styles, mainly because Sensei Asano instilled in us that our style was the best one!

I remember one night one of the nuttier guys at the dojo suggest we don white belts, and go and train at the YMCA, and then give the boys there a surprise when it came to kumite time! I dont think we bothered though.

PS, just thought, a guy where I gig trained with Bob, he may know where he is now.

Charlie, ive no idea where Bob is now, truth is, as I belonged to a different school of karate, (Shotokan ) we had little contact with karateka of different styles, mainly because Sensei Asano instilled in us that our style was the best one!

I remember one night one of the nuttier guys at the dojo suggest we don white belts, and go and train at the YMCA, and then give the boys there a surprise when it came to kumite time! I dont think we bothered though.

PS, just thought, a guy where I gig trained with Bob, he may know where he is now.

Nah - They'd have known - it's the look!

All that sensai stuff is true - it was the same with Bob when the sensai was over from Japan - without it the thing wouldn't work is my view - as an expert of course !laughing!

I take it, it worked then??

By the way what was 10% ??

Dunno mate - I just played the records and drank the beer. Why won't it let me expand the image to full size? It says click here etc - and then bleeps when I do! So no one can really see the guys faces! While we're at it - was Parachutes - the Pretty things - a hit? I think not, but don't really know.

Click on the top of the pic where it says reduced (It should open in another window)

No parachutes wasn't a hit