The Bench & bar

Sorry folks, I almost forgot - after Scamps I did a stint in the Bench and Bar just at the end of Bridlesmith Gate and on the way down into Broadmarsh................It was run by two people and I can't remember either of their names (Andy and Sue? He was slim, dark hair and bearded she was dark-haierd and very, very shapely), but I know they were involved dwon at the Brit before that. This would be about'75 or early

Anyone remember them?

And if anyone remembers any of the crew from Cecil Gees which was at the Victoria centre when it opened.................what a great shop, what totally great guys!

And if anyone knows anyone who worked at Bertrand russell House and maybe knew Carole Wilson.............

Cheers,

Charlie

• 7 months later...

hi charlie,, the chap was Andy Clifford who was a rower at the Brit like me and Stu Morris.. last time I saw him he had a pub in Awsworth near Giltbrook,going back about four years. Cheers..had a word with STu about Scampi's photo's. he's going to dig them up... cheers Jan

hi charlie,, the chap was Andy Clifford who was a rower at the Brit like me and Stu Morris.. last time I saw him he had a pub in Awsworth near Giltbrook,going back about four years. Cheers..had a word with STu about Scampi's photo's. he's going to dig them up... cheers Jan

I thought it was Andy Clifford! Brill! Don't suppose anyone knows any pubs in Awsworth? Do we know if he stayed with his Missis?

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Andy Clifford........ a great bloke he used to ride scooters with the Outlaws meeting (well gathering near!) in the Outlaws Bar down on Trent Bridge last I heard through a friend of my brothers he was landlord of The Red Lion Bagthorpe near Underwood . That is some years ago now.

I did a stint in the Bench and Bar just at the end of Bridlesmith Gate and on the way down into Broadmarsh................It was run by two people and I can't remember either of their names

If anyone wonders what it looked like.....

bench%20and_1.jpg

Typical Ford Capri driver of the 1970s.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...