There has some discussion here re the dissapearance of Paul McKenzie from the Airwaves.

I have just received an email which has put an end to the mystery.

Paul is now working for the proposed new station

EREWASH SOUND

PaulMacbit.jpg

Good to see Paul back on the air an a new radio station in the area. !clapping!

See also... http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3544

Great to have found him (I have sent him an email and will try to get him to join us on here when I can get on myself ,I'm still having problems accessing the site)

• 3 weeks later...

Re the earlier question of what happened to Paul, i have just learnt exactly why he went rather quickly from Radio Derby, and indeed, why he wont be showing up on any BBC station soon..........that said, i will only disclose the info via pm.

If you search Paul McKenzie here you get quit a few hits?

Anyway, Wasnt Kenny Everett Booted by the Beeb for summat?

What Local Beeb Radio needs is more of the Ilk of Dennis Mcarthy.

Now there was a brilliant radio presenter! !inthebin!

"Dennis McCarthy MBE was a decorator, washing-machine salesman and dog-breeder before becoming one if the UK's most charismatic radio presenters. He joined BBC Radio Nottingham shortly after the station opened in 1968 following an interview that caught the attention of the station bosses regarding taking part in the Crufts Dog Show as an intentional" WIKIPEDIA .

• 1 month later...

Sorry for reviving this post but i think i used to go to school with paul mkenzie. Didnt he have a fall out with his dad years ago and changed his surname? I also believe he was in the fire service for a time at carlton fire station. My hubbys brother was a sub officer there before retiring 16 years ago.

Didnt he have a fall out with his dad years ago

Don't know about that but he certainly had a fall out with his HAIR !rotfl!

Ooooopppppssssss!

Sorry - I thought you said Paul McKenna !laughing! ~ Note to ones self - must stop drinking (I don't think so) :biggrin: