mick2me

Tug Wilson, Commemorative Plaque?

What about a Plaque for Tug?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The General Hospital mortuary may have had access from one of the Park roads, Lenton Rd perhaps?

Just after Tug died there was a move to put some sort of memorial to him in the OMS.   However, nobody thought to ask his widow if she approved.   I lived just round the corner from Tug and his widow appeared at my door in floods of tears because of this.   She thought that any memorial would be desecrated by the local yobs and I think she was right.

Incidentally, not all ex City men were guardsmen.   In fact very few were.   We were all ex servicemen though apart from the few who had been cadets.

• Upvote 1

My partner who came from Nottingham and his brother Roger knew Tug and had a chat with him and had always said that he was a great man in many ways.  Although I come from Portsmouth I am always fond of listening about Tug and can understand why he was respected and feared at the same time.  Just a shame that we lost such a great man as I would liked to have met him and shake his hand and would be great to stand next to him as im only 5'1 and Tug being at a great height of 6'8 though am used to standing next to my brother-in-law as he is 6'5 and a half

• Upvote 2

If Owd Tug had been around today imagine the selfies!

CyGjXJZWgAABMk-.jpg

• Upvote 2

Spotted while sat outside Ned Ludd on Friar Lane ..... he's a big lad?

DdJbHTXX0AA7RK-.jpg

Wonder how fast he can run to catch a criminal .......

• Like 2

Comments about 6 ft are spot on. Nottingham City Force - proud 6 foot plus. Even at 71 years still 6'3"" - ex Pc547 (Sonny)

• Like 1