Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fetching water, Chapel St ca: 1950 Leonards

Ingoldmells, Some sort bomb shelter in the background. Me pushing the pram lol

Chapel St Leonards ca: 1950

Posted Images

#247 Carnie'

ive come to the conclusion,.......you've always been addicted to YAM YAMS, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Trunch lane,yes we used to camp there, 6 of us 2 tents in a consul mk 1 remeber Lincoln hill 3 used to get out and walk up and mostly made it to the top before the car, mad happy days!! thought they'd last forever :jumping:

Does anybody know if there was a Youth Club on Denman St ? I seem to remember the there was one, it was very near Clayton Square if I remember wright.... one of my brothers I think played table tennis there.

• Upvote 1

Cliffton #255 Argylle ST. last house on right was my great Aunt Dades house, we used to go there in the 50s for a cuppa when shopping down Denman ST. she was never in but always left a teapot, milk, sugar and plate of sponge cake on table, note saying help yourself, she never locked front door, never had nothing to steal, dearly missed

• Upvote 4

Radford Red #17, Boulevard Works, i worked there in the fabric warehouse, when i was 17, transferred there from Peveril St. Corbett & Davies, lovely days

• 3 weeks later...

I lived there from 1960 till 1966- got married and lived down Radfordbridge rd, Vane st, then I joined the army, then wen I came out I lived with a friend Malc Fretwell just around the corner off Hartly rd cant remember the name of the street, What was Marilyns surname Melissa.

• Upvote 2

My mam and her mam were Radford since time,story goes a son of Farmers store... got a fairground girl in the family way,he did right by her but he was cast out,so that relation of mine came off the "road".Davey was my Grans maiden name- she was a tiller girl and performed with Charlie Chapman in the early days. She married a submariner but he perished in the great war. In 1915 she had a tattoo done above her wrist "CLARA" her name being Angelica clare. Her dad leathered her!! She then wed full time soldier John Holland and had three kids ..the eldest, Josie,my mam. He fought under orde wingate , in'45 he came home a hero but married bigamously, it got in the Post and he served time!! Bloomsgrove st/Denman st/Anfield terrace.shared a macko in the moulders many a time!!

Hi Katy: it's this bleddy tablet as well.. it doesn't do Nottm slang- keeps putting in other words!! Apparently Orde was a "strange" man. My mam by accident met his granddaughter she went home and went through his diaries. Sgt.Joseph Holland was mentioned. That bit about the bigamy is entirely true ..tore the family asunder!! In the papers ..a real scandal...shame.

My sister Ann seems to know her Melissa, Like said I probley do know her, Such along time ago,

The ought to get a re-union going for old radtonians, Would be great to meet up with old friends.

• Upvote 1