They were long-haired as you might expect and as a rule they finished with a stonking version of 'Stairway to Heaven' that everyone loved. The worked at the Penny - so it must have been around '74 when they were doing the rounds.

• 6 months later...
They were long-haired as you might expect and as a rule they finished with a stonking version of 'Stairway to Heaven' that everyone loved. The worked at the Penny - so it must have been around '74 when they were doing the rounds.

Sure I remember them now, they did great cover versions, saw them a couple of times at the Imperial I think?

Their version of Nights in white satin was awesome! They did do an album, which back in the 80s was cahnging hands for about 25 quid.

The lead singer got pulled by my landlady one time which is how he and me became mates. Wish I could remember his name now.

I remember them, 68fb is right in that they played the Imperial and the might also have played the Mint. I think they came from Mansfield or that side of the county.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
limelight came from mansfield i think the band was pat coleman and mick and glen scrimshaw they played the boat club a few times ,and to this day they are now called "mercury" and go as a queen tribute band

Well now there's a thing!! I'll go google them and see what come up!