Nottingham Evening Post & not picked up on this yet ! must all be on holiday ?

Lower Parliament Street

Regen Zone: Eastside

Developer: Chek Whyte Industries

Architects: Ian Simpson

Cost: £?m+

Size 365,740 ft²

Height

Use: Office (123,000 ft²), Residential (258 rooms), Hotel (244 rooms), Car Parking (140 spaces), Retail.

Current Status:This has not yet been formally proposed.

http://newnottingham.com/New_Nottingham/Home.html

2146118083_fe52e182fb_o.jpg

2146117795_ef61af797e_o.jpg

2146912988_0b3eb3ec0f_o.jpg

Call me a cynic but does Nottingham need yet another hotel. appartment and retail development? And this time in the middle of downtown nowhere.

Just up the road is the old Sneinton Wholesale Market. When that was refurbished the promoters claimed it would become Nottingham's equivalent of Covent Garden. Mmmmmm.

Why lets have another waste of money venture this is to distract what is proposed for the banks of the Trent on the embankment.

While travelling the world more or less every city I have been to has it’s own city tower so why don’t we then? Still time to make some adjustments to the planes to stick a revolving restaurant up there, now that would be worth the £2-50 bus fare to see.

Bip.

• 1 month later...
Spoil sport Beefy, what would the poor Muslim extremists have to blow up in Nottingham if this tower were not built!

My comment was intended as a compliment to the speed at which the topic was picked up on here (By Red) long before the Evening Post.

2146912988_0b3eb3ec0f_o.jpg

Where is this

What island is that?

What direction are we looking in?

I think the large building to the left is supposed to be the ice centre the rest is a bit of poetic licence

Krupnik! Wisniowka! Cheers... HiC!

1160.jpg

They sell it at The Poachers, Mick

And I for one will have a go at a bottle tommorow

See you Wednesday then

• 1 year later...

Evening Post ????? Are they still going ?

Over the past 24 months, I've sent 14 e-mails and 4 faxes to various departments.

Not one was ever replied to. I wrote to the editor to complain and he/she said that it must be a 'one-off' as they always reply (or acknowledge) correspondence.

Both just before my recent visit & just after, I have again sent e-mails,,,, but again,,,, no reply,,,, (must be another one-off !?)

Most of this was to enquire about advertising, in various sections, to which I thought they'd jump at the chance for a few quids worth of business.

Obviously a waste of time,,,,, won't bother again.

Millionaire Chek Whyte fights bankruptcy amid £30m debt crisis !!

Barred for ten years from being a company director in 1999 and all kinds of allegations about his business activities. A google search quickly reveals allegations of further links with companies operating property frauds and other scams.

And a quick google of Evening Post articles about the man also reveals a lot of extremely positive coverage - which may or may not have something to do with paper's advertising links with the city's property sector.

My hunch is that there could be a lot of fall out from the collapse his tower of cards; involving politicians (he was on City's promotional yacht in the south of France) and the local media.

• 5 years later...