Christmas Presents, What you really wanted?

Plasma TV, 42-50"

Spec...

1080p True HD

15000:1 contrast ratio

digital tuner.

Preferably built with slim top, that the cats cant sit on?

(and the dogs jump up to knock them off)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few years ago we were left a fair amount of money (all gone now though). We paid a one off fee just over £7000, for both of our funerals, cars, services, Flowers, songs  the lot. All the kids have t

How fascinating ....... a thread about unwanted Christmas presents turns into the the cost of funerals!  However, I’m thinking of my good old Dad as he would have been 96 today, but been gone nea

I bought missen me own present this morning. The DVD of It's a Wonderful Life'. But, I hear you all say,  haven't you seen it fifty thousand million times, and haven't you got the VHS tape of it. Well

I got what I wanted - a new cordless drill with a LiIon battery!

Several years ago, Mary and I decided to lighten up on buying stuff for each other - as you probably know, it gets more difficult to know what to buy for each other, so we buy our own presents. This year I got a Garmin Nuvi 250W (very cool), and new wheels for the BGT! Mary did get me the drill!

The first time we did this, we actually wrapped the presents and put them under the tree. I had a big box all wrapped up that Mary was convinced was a MIG Welder (I have wanted one for ages). When I opened it on Crimbo Day, it was a Supercharger for the GT! She was totally surprised - so it can be just as much fun finding out what your significant other's presents are! What is really surprising it that she buys stuff for herself that if I had bought for her I'd be sleeping on the sofa for a month. This year it was a collection of 50 spools of thread for her sewing machine - go figure!

it gets more difficult to know what to buy for each other, so we buy our own presents.

Mrs Frank must be buying herself Christmas presents all year long!! LoL

Women, always shopping - they love it. Me, I hate it.

The latest edition of Guinness hit singles please,plus a 70-300mm zoom for a Canon eos 400d thankyou Santa

To lower the tone a fraction a woman who can Cook, iron, wash dishes, make beds, clean windows, climb ladders, handy with a sledge hammer, hang wall paper, tile, paint, lay carpet, change a light bulb, move heavy furniture around, mow grass, dig garden, clean car, fit and plumb in new appliances, handy with a screw drive and hammer and last but not least be interested in having sex with me several times a week. Thank you Santa.

Bip.

Wow Den, until I read the last but not least bit, you described Mary to a "T"! !rotfl!

To lower the tone a fraction a woman who can Cook, iron, wash dishes, make beds, clean windows, climb ladders, handy with a sledge hammer, hang wall paper, tile, paint, lay carpet, change a light bulb, move heavy furniture around, mow grass, dig garden, clean car, fit and plumb in new appliances, handy with a screw drive and hammer and last but not least be interested in having sex with me several times a week. Thank you Santa.

Bip.

And turn into a pizza at midnight

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this thread. Many moons ago, hubby wanted a zoom lens for his Canon, and dropped hints for ages. I on the other hand knew that he'd hardly ever use it, so got him a sandwich toaster instead. I never heard the end of it, and he still brings it up in conversation with others! [he did eventually get one, and I was right, he hardly ever used it]

• Like 2
  • 9 years later...

So, there you go, RR has resurrected a thread that I’ve never seen before, the last post being 9 years and 11 months ago.  Had to give Katyjay a LIKE  (that feature didn’t even exist back then, and I didn’t know that Nottstalgia existed in 2008!)

• Like 1

Bought Mrs. L a lawnmower one year.  :biggrin:.  Well, she had said she could help out in the yard, but didn't like the heavy gas powered mower.   I'm actually getting pretty good with it now.  I wonder if she'd like a nice new chainsaw?  :Shock:

• Like 1

Actually had the worst choking experience I ever had on one of those cherry creme chocolates.  It sort of stuck in my throat.  I thought I was gonna croak.  Except I couldn't even croak!  :Shock:. Chocolate mint crimes are another dangerous one.  Couldn't speak or get my breath.  Not sure how I managed to get it to clear.  Really careful with those now.  Watch it if you get some of those.

I bought missen me own present this morning. The DVD of It's a Wonderful Life'. But, I hear you all say,  haven't you seen it fifty thousand million times, and haven't you got the VHS tape of it. Well yes, but this disc has the colour version on it as well as the normal black and white. I looked on YouTube last week and saw a scene from the film in colour and it was superb. So I want to see the whole film now in colour.

Mrs C asked me what I wanted - I never want anything, but told her that i would like an aftershave that I considered to be the dog's whatnot when it comes to masculine aromas. I have not used it for about fifty years. Women used to fall at my feet with the manly smell - or perhaps it was because I hadn't changed my socks for a fortnight.

It is called Tabac. Could not find it sold anywhere in Nottingham  so had to get it on Amazon. So, watch out ladies when you next attend a meeting.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, katyjay said:

I think you are supposed to chew 'em before you swolla.

I do!  It's the sticky gooey stuff that comes out of 'em when you chew 'em that gets in your throat like glue. :(

It's not just me.  I've heard others say the same.

48 minutes ago, Chulla said:

I bought missen me own present this morning. The DVD of It's a Wonderful Life'. But, I hear you all say,  haven't you seen it fifty thousand million times, and haven't you got the VHS tape of it. Well yes, but this disc has the colour version on it as well as the normal black and white. I looked on YouTube last week and saw a scene from the film in colour and it was superb. So I want to see the whole film now in colour.

How good is the colour version? I bought a brand new 1946 import (B/W) - still in its wrapper because the b/w version is always on telly (Christmas gold on sunday) I always assumed that the colour version was going to be a bit like the old tinted silent films. Please advise.

There is a list of films which stand watching over and over, even though you know every line.

Could start a thread of favourite films (now tell me that there already is one)

Phil

Phil,

Just put the DVD on my desktop and looked to see what the quality of the colour is like. Excellent all the way through. Then tried on the TV - again, excellent. The 2-disc box was £7 from Tesco. This is a good deal because it has been £12 in previous Christmases at Tesco and Sainsbury's.

I note that some people say the colour is rubbish (it isn't) and it is still better in B x W. I agree with the latter, but it makes a nice change - definitely not Crappycolour.   There are a few clips in colour on YouTube, but the best example - the first scene on the frozen pond - I cannot find again.

As is the custom , the film will be playing at the Broadway cinema again, from the 21st to the 25th. On Christmas eve the main auditorium will be full of It's a Wonderful Life lovers. They have seen it before but still keep coming back.

• Like 2
On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:42 PM, Chulla said:

Phil,

Just put the DVD on my desktop and looked to see what the quality of the colour is like. Excellent all the way through. Then tried on the TV - again, excellent. The 2-disc box was £7 from Tesco. This is a good deal because it has been £12 in previous Christmases at Tesco and Sainsbury's.

I note that some people say the colour is rubbish (it isn't) and it is still better in B x W. I agree with the latter, but it makes a nice change - definitely not Crappycolour.   There are a few clips in colour on YouTube, but the best example - the first scene on the frozen pond - I cannot find again.

As is the custom , the film will be playing at the Broadway cinema again, from the 21st to the 25th. On Christmas eve the main auditorium will be full of It's a Wonderful Life lovers. They have seen it before but still keep coming back.

Just checked the Christmas Gold version on this afternoon. It's the colour version! Looks very good.

Good old Virgin give us a few extra channels until January 3rd. This is one of them. I've recorded it via the Tivo box, so I can transfer it to a USB stick.

No White Christmas though, this year, will have to get a copy. Also notice High Society is on. My dad would have very happy with that.

• Like 1