camiroc

Virgin Record shop at 7 King St

Nice pic Mick,that's Branson in the winda!..some LP's,fire and water?,robin trower? This could be Pete's territory.

' Judas Bollocks ' doesn't have the same ring to it somehow!!

Re: the two photos in that piece. Are they showing the Virgin shop in Queen Street ? Maybe my memory's slowing down, but I went in there hundreds of times and I don't remember the shop-front looking like either of those photos.

If you read the page it happened in Nottingham, I dont know if that image is of the Nottingham shop?

That's what I was thinking. The story may be about Nottingham but they've used a photo of any old Virgin store.

What a load of bollocks, the pictures wrong plus it was not even on Queens Street! , its King street, load of bollocks.

This was two separate threads; I've merged them into one. Virgin's own website got the wrong location of their former shop.

Nice shot Radfordred!! A whole heap of memories in there.I see tubes,rainbow, rod Stewart, Tim Buckley, max romeo?? Very true that shops like this really did provide a soundtrack to my life.From Weather Report,Styx,Dillinger to The Desperate Bicycle's.

To bring it all up to date, this is the shop today. And if anyone wants confirmation of which road it is on, the sign is there on the wall.

virgin.jpg

Next time I'm in Nottingham, must look up more, that is a nice looking building.

Next time I'm in Nottingham, must look up more, that is a nice looking building.

It's one of Mr Fothergill's.

I thought it was on Market Street, or am I thinking of Selectadisc when it moved

Yes, Selectadisc was on Market St.

My older Brother worked here.2276433537_0f4518baa6_z.jpgApart from the trouble with the Sex Pistols window dressing..this shop stocked the soundtrack to my life.

In the window here..Rainbow Rising, 

The Tubes, Smiler, and Woodstock LP.

Used to collect the £2.50 family allowance and head in for some Groundhogs.

Autobahn and Umma Gumma i still have.