Your All-Tme Forest XI

Benjamin,

Slightly before my time watching Forest with that team but Tommy Capel was our caretaker at Gedling Sec Mod . I am sure he was there for the whole of the 5 years I was there from 1960 .

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wrote a few words about Jim Iley and his views on the modern game, a while back. https://stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2012/01/22/modern-football/

FOREST FAN since my uncle John took me to the City Ground about 1950 for a friendly against CLYDE. My best xi would be ( in the old formation ) Shilton,Anderson,Mcdonold,Whitefoot,Mckinley,Burkitt,D

Peter Shilton Viv Anderson Frank Clark John McGovern (c) Larry Lloyd Kenny Burns Trevor Francis Ian Bowyer Garry Birtles Tony Woodcock John Robertson

Very good inside forward David.........and that makes sense at a school in Gedling i believe he played for Arnold Town after his league days were over.

• Upvote 1

Must tell you this about going to a Forest match in the 50s,........probably first time by myself,i was about 13,........went in the Bridgford end wearing a new Mac'.....anyway it stopped raining so i took me Mac' off and put it over one of the old 'Stancions' i think they were called.

Got home and Mam went mad at me.....i'd left it there,........she made me go to a phone box and ring the City ground,actually spoke to the club Secretery bloke called Watson,and asked him if he'd found it....................he had'nt.......LOL.

• 2 years later...