The best Notts County team

How many can you name

On my first attempt I got all but two

Namethem.jpg

Courtesy of The Sunday Times 30/01/08

3 no problem ,long stayer at the lane, good stopper, Now coaching in Dubai

I also lied when this went to first publication as I misidentified number 22 (I had him down as Les Bradd but said to SWMBO, who was quizzing me, I thought it was a bit late for him ,she said nowt to deter me from this erroneous path though.

I too struggled with 20 , he only played seven games in two seasons, number 22 playing eight in two years

Does it help any ?? Let's see some lists and there will be a prize for who ever gets the most!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was very suprised that I recalled as many as I did in such a short time (about a minute) cos I know for a fact I could only name one of the present squad (Jason Lee )and thats only because he's been around so long

I'll have a shot at what I know.

1 Trevor Christie

2 Eddie Kelly

4 Raddy Avramovic

5 Pedro Richards

6 Rachid Harkouk

7 Jack Wheeler

8 David Hunt

9 Mark Goodwin

10 Brian Kilcline

11 Brian Stubbs

12 Ray O'Brien

13 Tristan Benjamin

14 Mick Walker

15 Don Masson

16 Paul Hooks

17 Gordon Mair

18 Sir Jimmy Sirrel

19 Howard Wilkinson

21 Iain McCulloch

3= Mick Leonard

20=Paul Mann

22=Jim Doherty

Now I'm inclined to agree that 9= Mark Goodwin but the write up says it is some one called Gary Wood

• 7 years later...

DOWN,.....3 Goals in last 5 mins by Gillingham,.......oh dear,....................get that stadium in Bulwell ready'

Just about sums their whole season up; go one ahead and give three away in the last couple of minutes. Here's hoping they bounce straight back; ideally having taken six points off Mansfield on the way.

• Upvote 1

Oh well, Notts are down....it wasn't such a surprise really. They have had a terrible second half of the season. Unfortunately, they haven't been good enough. Problem is, I can see them struggling in the bottom division next season unless the Trews start opening their cheque books. Alas, they have already mentioned we aint got no cash!! Just having a few of the above players in the team would have helped....even at their ages!

• Upvote 2

Well well well, not a surprize really,but still disappointed. The Trews don't seem too good at choosing managers do they?Bets now on how long it will take before Moniz either walks out or is pushed out by ......yet again "The Trews" I think we might be the only team to have had more managers than players.Had Sean Derry been given a chance we would still be playing League 1 football next season.

Well well well, not a surprize really,but still disappointed. The Trews don't seem too good at choosing managers do they?Bets now on how long it will take before Moniz either walks out or is pushed out by ......yet again "The Trews" I think we might be the only team to have had more managers than players.Had Sean Derry been given a chance we would still be playing League 1 football next season.

He was..... and we wouldn't. I felt for Derry, but passion alone wasn't going to motivate the players, and with the honourable exception of Roy Carroll they let him down.

• Upvote 2

Just read that Roy Has signed a contract for next season Scriv....thank goodness, not bad for a 37 year old!!