Mitchell & Kenyon

excellent program on BBC2 last night @ 9pm.. the Mitchell and Kenyon collection..

a 3 part series which includes movie film taken from various parts of the country around the 1900s.. Nottingham included.

I missed the start, but managed to record around 90% of the program, which luckily enough includes the Nottm film.. market square, Mansfield road, Queen/King street + other locations..

so set your vids for next week! B)

Mitchell & Kenyon

post-12-1107689615_thumb.gif

Wouldn't mind seeing that Ilko

Their site is interesting.

Saw the below image, not Nottingham, but interesting as it shows an Afro Caribean miner in 1900. We tend to think of the beginning of Multicultural Brittain as being the 1950's?

Pendlebury Colliery, c. 1900

r05_01.jpg

:o Damm, i knew it was on but i got distracted, realised after it have finished :angry: I see they have released a DVD on the series i will see if i can get my hands on a few copies... :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

:D I have one copy left if anybody is interested, give me a Pm or email me for my details..

post-12-1112095809_thumb.jpg

:o If you follow Ilkolads link to the BBC.. BFI site you will see that this DVD is retailing at £19,99, i'm selling it for £17 including P&P. I have one copy left and if you would like it i will let you have it for £16 including P&P. That's a saving of £3.99 over the retail price and a saving of another pound from my original pricing..this is the last time i will offer this dvd at this price if i haven't sold it by the end of the month i shall keep it for myself.....

post-12-1112379254_thumb.jpg

Hi Caz, if you follow Ilkos link at the top of this page you can read all about it there. X