What was your first car?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lets be a bit more patriotic, years ago the british used to fly in wellingtons now anything goes, trainers, flip flops.

When being a kid was much simpler   

Tip for all the Audi gang if you move your seat forward more you could get even closer to my bumper.

Posted Images

#161 I think you are a bigot and a cad br I find your comments totally

unfounded,and if you come on my council estate ,I will pull of of the disabled bay and cut you and your friend up,I know you will

be driving a merc and a puegot,your comments about my breathing and other personal habits that might affect my eyesight are only part true,my breathing is ok.

You know the wife then Andy ? LOL

• Upvote 2

#186 all right a little dutch focker.katyjay sorry it was me getting my

Fockers mixed up,i thou

ght it was a focking german company but it want

It was a dutch focker,I dont think it makes any difference,a once a kocker always a focker whoever made it.

Now lets put the focker to rest.

Said to my Grandad.........did the Fokkers bomb you?........yes he replied........but these Fokkers were Messerschmitts !!!

• Upvote 3
  • 1 month later...

I had my Dad's Vauxhall Cresta 3.3 straight 6 that was a 72 model, again bench seats in the front lovely car to drive (auto) a little thirsty tho but what a GALLON be then... not a ltr..? if the grey cells serve me right cost me £18 to go to tenby from nottm

I can remember petrol rationing in 1956 . I recall that just after that one petrol station ,maybe ESSO, gave away dinky cars, if you collected enough cards, which were stuck into an album, and exchanged for a great model car.

On exchange, they stamped the back of the book and gave you a new one.Back at the car , I took the cover off the new book and fastened it to the old book having removed the cover from the old one.

We drove to the next ESSO garage and repeated the same move.

I think I got about 8 models before they got wise !!!

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My first car was a 1936 Austin Ruby. A couple of us bought two for £25.oo when I was in the Navy up in Lossiemouth, Morayshire. We made one good one out of the two. Went well until you had to go up a steep hill with not much fuel in the tank. Then, because it was a gravity feed fuel system you had to go up in reverse.

Swapped it later for a cine camera to the Chief Pilot of 738 Squadron who then had it painted in the Squadron colours and was used by the pilots to get from the mess to the dispersal area.

• Upvote 1