I also knew Mick Anson (Cranson), as well as being in the same motorcycle club, we both went to Sensei Asano's classes at Carlton Forum. We would leave together, him on his Black Shadow and myself on my Norton framed Ariel Square Four.

He told me about his brother writing Temma Harbour, he also mentioned that his brother was advised to open a Swiss bank account because of money it was bringing in. Re his band, I also knew Sutch, he was a regular at the White Hart,but I cannot remember him ever being in Cranson's band. BTW Cranson had two Vincents at the same time.

He was a vegetarian way before it became popular. We went to a veggie restaurant in Leicester in the 60's, I wasn't impressed. It would be another twenty years before I gave up meat.

Ok I have found out that Mike was Cranson and the music career was never really a thing for him. He and his family are still all vegetarian. Bob his brother had a big laugh when asked about having a Swiss bank account.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's strange I remain almost totally un-shocked, perhaps I've developed an immunity to persistent moaning!    

Good point K j.  I've said before if one of us dies, no one else knows unless their relatives can access NS.  The rest of us just wonder why they quit posting.  Mrs. L has my password and instructions

Yes I think he was into B & O in later years. Is the store still running? I would imagine if it is it would be run by another family member or something. I'm sure Pete would be getting about li

I always liked Temma Harbour and have an interest in the Apple label. Is Bob really Philamore Lincoln?

Apple-22aa.jpg

Yes Bob (My Uncle - no jokes about 'Bobs your Uncle' thank you!) is really Philamore Lincoln. For decades most people have known him as Phil and only a few of us as Bob.

• 4 months later...

NEXT TIME I SEE CRANSON AND SUE I WILL TELL HIM ABOUT THIS THREAD . TO ALL OF US WHO KNEW MIKE FROM HIS BIKING DAYS AND HIS MUSIC DAYS HE WILL ALWAYS BE CRANSON SORRY SUE BUT MANY OF THE NICK NAMES JUST STICK.

FUNNY THING ONLY JUST FOUND THIS THREAD . WHENT PASTS CRANSONS OLD HOUSE TODAY NOW POSTED RED AND BLACK AND SAID TO PIGGY EVERY TIME I COME PAST HERE THINK ABOUT CRANSON AND HIS BIKE LEANING AGAINST THAT TREE. IT GOT STOLEN ONECE BUT HE GOT IT BACK. WASENT HIS GROUP CALLED MOTHERS RUIN . AND YES GLORIA WAS SUTCHES GIRLFRIEND AT THE TIME MY MATE CHRISTINE WHENT OUT WITH CRANSON. AND HIS GERMAN UNIFORM WAS ALWAYS HIS TRAID MARK. ROBIN WAS THE DRUMMER BUT I CAN NEVER REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE OTHER GUITARIST.

• 3 weeks later...

Cranson and Sue were at the Aces/White Cross reunion at Skeggy in August. He has changed very little since the 60's, Sue had a micro brewery, they've been together almost 40 years and they have three sons. He sold his Vincents for approx £120 each in the 70's.

• 2 months later...

4 Feb 02:40:48 Building Safety Solutions, Pasadena, California, United States

Viewed this topic google Image Search — canterbury records pasadena caI

• 2 years later...

Answers for Frank, ans Beefy, I was on air at Trent at the time, and did a comp at the Albany, for which the prize was a radio show for whichever dj won it, what we didnt mention was that it was a one off show!

A guy called Phillip won it, it was in association with Stuart Westmoreland, and I still have an Evening Post pic of me, Phillp, and Gary Burton ( now on Smooth) in the studio, with Phillip at the controls, or so it looked like!

Now, the hifi shop on Parliament st, was Lind Air first, and then renamed The Land Of Hifi, I had many chums there, in fact im sure i worked there very briefly for some strange reason, for a day at least! A jewish guy called Mike Aarons was the manager back then, with my old chum Ivan/Ivor? who only had one arm, anyone remember him?

Ivan was my best man at my wedding in May 1973. Tony Myers and Mike came up from the London store to mange it. And I seem to remember your name Craig.

I went from Lind Air to Nottingham Scientific Exchange, then to manage SuperFi in it's original incarnation, and it's them that ran the HiFi show at the Albany hotel in the late 70's. Vince Adams (sadly died since) went on to marry Sue who worked at Radio Trent.

Shout if you want me to dust off the Grey cells and come up with more info.

Mike Rogerson (now living in Oxford)

• 5 years later...
On 2/22/2008 at 12:36 AM, loppylugs said:

Does anyone remember Pete's Electronics on Arkwright street?

Got my first stereo there in 1967. I was going to buy one of those stereograms, but Pete got me into some seperate stuff. Amp,

turntable, speakers etc. Better sound and no more money.

Last I heard he had moved to Bobber's Mill and become more upscale, "Peter Anson Electronics." Anyway he was a great guy and gave a fair deal and lots of free advice.

BTW I'm not related to him. :-)

It became a never ending pursuit of a more powerful amp, needing better speakers, which would mean a better tone arm and moving to a detached house so the neighbors wouldn't complain about my choice of music.

Still into that stuff to this day. Maybe I'd hear it better with a hearing aid though? :-)

Dave

That's where I bought my first hi-fi set up in the Autumn of 1968.: a Rogers Ravensbrook amp, a pair of Kef K2 Celeste speakers and a B&O record deck. 

• Like 1

I hadn't forgotten I ever said it.  Couldn't remember when though.  Pete saved me money and gave me better sound in the process.  With our sensitive hearing we don't forget that.  :biggrin:

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Some total shocking almost criminal examples of over quoting in this thread :crazy: 

That's strange I remain almost totally un-shocked, perhaps I've developed an immunity to persistent moaning!    ;)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Ooworreewi said:

That's where I bought my first hi-fi set up in the Autumn of 1968.: a Rogers Ravensbrook amp, a pair of Kef K2 Celeste speakers and a B&O record deck. 

Good grief!!  That Roger's Amp might well be worth a small fortune now..

• Like 1
6 hours ago, radfordred said:

Some total shocking almost criminal examples of over quoting in this thread :crazy: 

I'm doing it now... I'm shocking myself...

Shocking yourself? Your taking this social distancing to far Col :Shock: 

Missing members you say Lugs? 15 just from this post, with some fantastic related Nottingham memories, some even lived here :rolleyes:

Craig Strongman

Beef

Gadge

Ianaries

Mick2mick 

Coughdrop

Frank

Radfordlad

RockitRon

Shirley 

Dgbrit

Oldace

Piggy&Babs

UK Guy

Ooworreewi

Good point K j.  I've said before if one of us dies, no one else knows unless their relatives can access NS.  The rest of us just wonder why they quit posting.  Mrs. L has my password and instructions to let you know if I bark my last bark  If i decided to quit (God forbid) I'd say why.

• Like 3