I was there from 1957 until1961

i was in mr Braziers then Pop Stanley, Mr Turner And finally Mr Winter.

actually I enjoyed my time there and went to camps in Rufford, Wolferton and somewhere else.

also went to Bruges and several other trips.

i remember the school dinners were good and the shop across from the gates sold penny rolls.

Mr Marshes secretary was quite sexy and Mr Winters was always sniffing around her.

pop Stanley was always sniffing around as well, one very wired fella.

the teachers were firm but fair and the school ran well and the teaching was good

happy days

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My father who has just turned 90 yrs old, went Chandos boys school in around 1939 his name is Kitchener and worked on the railway at Colwick sheds, my grandmother was the midwife in Netherfield. Has

I was at chandos from 1960-1965…I was in class 1c,2b,3b,4b, not the brightest of kids but have to say looking back I had some great times. The 1st form master I had was Mr. Whitingham (dick) then Mr.

Hi loppylugs thanks for the welcome. I remember Brazier only had him for a year as he went to the U.A.S. in an exchange scheme. Can’t remember his replacement. Mr Winters was our science master and hi

Hi Graham.

Glad to see you posting on this topic.  Hope you enjoy Nottstalgia it's a great site.

You were one year behind me, but in the same classes as me.  I've posted quite a bit about the school on here so I won't repeat myself.  I doubt most of those teachers would still be alive now.  If they are they will certainly be a bit long in the tooth by now.

• 1 year later...

I figured he was 4th from the  left,  front row, going by his pics he put on when courting. I was wrong, he says he's not on here.

Yes, I see some resemblance, but not me.  I was never in that paticular teacher's class.  Funny how small boys all look so similar. There's a couple on there that look a bit like me at that age.