• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Enjoyed y'all's replies:  I think we have been able to discuss this without getting nasty political.   I don't think it is political to say I do not think Mr. Trump had a fair shake from the

No real desire to visit America...........except perhaps couple of days in New York and some of the old west........but thinking about it most of us grew up watching American TV series and films......

If Nottingham folks have questions, or relatives, or observations about Nottingham / US connections I don't think the thread has reached its end.  The election is over.  Mr Trump won.  The media of bo

Can be Medicare if you are retired. I also pay into Medicare supplement insurance. Helps out on the stuff medicare doesn't cover. Private insurance if under 65 gets ridiculous. Probably why so many have no insurance.

I'm pretty sure to qualify for Medicare over here, you will have to have worked and contributed money to the government over the years. To work, you'd have needed either a green card or citizenship.

Eligibility for Medicare:

Age 65 or older.

US Citizen, or permanent resident for at least five years.

Worked for at least 10 years in a FICA (payroll tax) paying business.

Works here to Mick, but your not from the correct geographical location.It would seem that the U.K. is the only EU.member not alloted so many green cards per year.

I do believe that you can still be sponsored. :Friends:

GREEN CARD WINNERS 2012

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_5561.html

Natives of the following countries were not eligible to participate in DV-2012: Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born, excluding Hong Kong S.A.R. and Taiwan), Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Pakistan, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam.

Hi Dave,would Mick be able to get Medicare?Derek(dgbrit) has just got fixed up with insurance(self-employed).So he would be the one to talk to.

Doubt it. I qualified because I worked here for a few years. Wife is a US citizen and she sponsored me for green card etc.

Recently here in the U.S.it was noted by a senior with the INS, that more immigrants were arriving from Muslim countries with 'green cards', than had been the norm' in the past.

It proves to me how upside down it all is,we sabre rattle,and posture in a threatening manner,warlike rhetoric,but we buy their oil Sell us your North sea oil and you can all come over tomorrow Mick.

• 4 years later...

You're a jammy sod Dawson, just had a gander at Montauk, absolutely amazing, all courtesy of uncle Google of course !

I visited New England just across the water from there, I would go tomorrow if I could !

We could be neighbours ?