Nottingham pubs you dislike

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took earlier today, pretty close?  

You can't go back even if you wanted to.  When I first returned to Nottingham for a holiday in 1974.  My old sec mod school hand been turned into an infants school. The big railway yard in N

I can imagine. I've seen your mum in that Nottingham At War book. She was a real looker.

5 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

I used to love the Thurland  - after going in there a few weeks ago I now positively hate it. Wrecked some great memories.

I don't think I've ever been in the Thurland at any time. Did I miss anything ?

I drink in The Loxley opposite 2 or 3 times week, it's worth getting a window seat & watch the floor show across the road, sure most of the customers drink outside the pub with fag/vape in hand, but it keeps em out the other pub in town & we know where they are :crazy:

• Like 1

You can't go back even if you wanted to. 

When I first returned to Nottingham for a holiday in 1974.  My old sec mod school hand been turned into an infants school.

The big railway yard in Netherfield had closed and was a heap of rubble.  Now Morrison's shopping centre.

The Vic station had been replaced by the Victoria Centre.  To name only three there was lots more.

When we went again in 1997 We sat in the McDonald's in Netherfield looking out at the shopping centre.  The late Mrs. L remarked that we could have been in Canada, it looked pretty similar.

The old allotments where I used to fly my kite, now paved over by the Colwick loop road.

I suppose to those born since my day, this is how it's always been.  I couldn't live there now even if I wanted too.  It has changed beyond my recognition.

• Like 3