Bramcote C of E School

I was at Bramcote CofE from 1959 to 1966 when it was on Town Street. I understand it relocated to a new building in Hanley Avenue some years ago. Anyone else ever go there before the move?

There were three classrooms holding 112 kids over 7 school years. I know it was around 112 'cos at some stage I reached the lofty heights of milk monitor. Every day after registration I had to chalk the number on a small blackboard in the school porch window so the milkman would know how many bottles to leave. Strangely I never drank mine - hated the stuff and still not a great fan!

• 9 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Hi,

I know this thread is pretty old now, but I also attended Bramcote C of E School while it was in the school building on Town Street. I was there from 70 to 73. My brother was also there from 70 to 76. He was/is 2 yrs 8 months younger than I, but when my Dad tried to book a place for me at the school for when I was 5, he was told he was too late, the school was already fully booked up! This was when I was just 2yrs 8mnths old, and my brother was just a couple of weeks old, so  my Dad then proceeded to book my bother's place right there and then! I believe he holds the record for the youngest applicant to join the school! I was eventually able to join the school when i was 8yrs old, having spent the first years of my education at Bramcote Hills Primary School, on Moor Lane.

Having lived away from the area for many years I am now back in Bramcote, living on Hanley Avenue, and my two children both attended the Bramcote C of E School, on it's 'new' site off Hanley Avenue! Small World in deed!

Jonathan P.

• Upvote 2