Was forester street called Pretty Window street? I believe there was a fish and chip shop on there.

Welcome to Nottstalgia, Neville B. I look forward to sharing your memories.. hellothere

hi nev and welcome to the site of couse you know me well and my family clemo kid here babs hopefully see you at reble rally again this year.

karlton i think it was canavon st that was called pritty windows st.

as you know nevi remember your mum aunty mable as we always called her.and your joan well.remember joan making our bridesmaids dresses for us when our pauleen got married. she had to make mine again when paulines boyfriend broke his leg playing football and they had to postpone the wedding as he was in hospital and of course i had grown out of mine and joan had to make me another wfen they got marrid the next yrar.

as you say nev unless you really knew old nevo and its peopleyou will never realy understandhow we felt about it i know my mum was never the samewhen she had to keave the only home she had ever /known

Was there a pub at the end of Victoria road called carolines?or I might have got the name wrong,anyway my husbands sister used to run it ,don't know if the building is still there.

Yes there was. If you put "Caroline" in the Search box at the top of the page you'll find quite a few references to it in various Nottstalgia threads. It's the building on the right of this photo. It was still there a couple of years ago, but I don't know if it's still there now.

caro.jpg

Damn good picture there Cliff I remember walking to work at the railway on nights seeing the local bobby in the signal box, no doubt having a chat and a cuppa wi the signalman. Thanks for that cliff.

In my teens my Mum used to take me to a bargain denim place for jeans,

'Double Denim' I know!!- this was @ mid seventies. Someplace in Neddo Anyroad.

Used to catch a train at Netherfield for work in Loughborough. It seemed so easy then. Lived up the road on Park Rd.

A fellow work mate & train spotter was a signalman at Netherfield Lane (mid 60s)

Carry on down the road for Colwick Loco & Yard

We used to go to the Wrangler shop at Calverton Ian. Probably the same place. Chris had loads of shirts over the years. He had a wardrobe sort out one day and sent at least thirty to the Charity shop. He instantly regretted it. At one time it was the only place we bought our jeans from.

This Netherfield company made the bodies for the Lotus Elan.bourne_s.jpg Bourne Plastics.1_USE_Untitled_s.jpgpress clippings.PIC_174_Bourne_NEP_9_oct_1962_s.jpg1973.PIC_176_Bourne_NEP_3_jan_1973_s.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

They also made Skipper and GRP sailing dinghies. They moved to Langar where they made a few much larger motor cruisers. I had A 35’ Bourne cruiser called Sybaris which I bought from Roger Pearce who owned Brownhills. It was a very sold craft with twin Ford Sabre diesels and a Sherpa van engine which powered the generator. There were teak laid decks all round. It must have cost a fortune when new. I believe it now resides in a marina at the Isle of White.