You couldn't make it up.

I cut through Hockley the other month to get to Viccy Centre and found myself in some sort of gay pride thingy. Police and army recruitment officers in attendance! Never seen so many Desparate Dan types in drag! All square jaws, 5 o’clock shadow and floral dresses! Can’t make me mind up whether thet were genuine or just taking the p!

• Like 2
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had a perfectly good trading area before the EEC. Who remembers New Zealand lamb adverts on the telly ? We traded with many nations including the US West Indies & the rest of the non EU wo

And that is what they are all frightened of Mick, seeing one of their ex members going it alone and doing well out of it without subsidies, the house of cards is starting to tumble   Rog

You are not wrong there Fly, there's still plenty of patriotic people in the country it's just that they are surpressed by the so called snowflakes for fear of upsetting anyone and being called racist

2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Not according to Western Power. You've got at least another 50 years!

Which is more than my doctor gives me, he only gives me a months supply of meds in one go  thumbsup

Rog

• Like 2

Stop the world. I want to get off.

A senior Met police officer's been put on restricted duties after reportedly using the phrase 'whiter than white' while talking about how his colleages need to be above reproach while carrying out inquiries - he denies doing anything wrong.

• Like 2

There's too many people waiting for other people to say something they don't agree with so they can jump on the PC bandwagon, stupid sods need to get a life and let others get on with theirs

Rog

• Like 4
3 hours ago, alan s said:

Stop the world. I want to get off.

A senior Met police officer's been put on restricted duties after reportedly using the phrase 'whiter than white' while talking about how his colleages need to be above reproach while carrying out inquiries - he denies doing anything wrong.

You stole my thunder alan !

Yet another example, and it just gets sillier and sillier. Apparently an unnamed senior officer in the Metropolitan police was briefing colleagues during which he discussed the need to be faultless and above reproach in carrying out enquiries. Sounds reasonable doesn't it? However, he used the phrase "whiter than white". As a result he is now under investigation by the police watchdog for investigation and has been placed on restricted duties whilst the independent office for police conduct investigates and has reportedly been warned the enquiry may take a year to complete. Absolutely bloody crazy!
Mike (source, Daily Telegraph 15-9-18)

• Like 2

I just wonder if it's some sort of ploy to force early retirement or move an unpopular officer. They can't really be serious and then to state it could take a year to investigate! - something just doesn't seem right to me.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Brew said:

They can't really be serious and then to state it could tale a year to investigate! - something just doesn't seem right to me.

About right for plod to take that long, typical. How many man hours to waste on that. ?

• Like 1

I saw a teacher interviewed on tv the other day, and she was describing the equipment. She mentioned a white board, then a chalk board. 

So why does she think it wrong to say black board, but can say white board. Totally illogical to me.

Hey, the snowflakes would have me publicly branded, tarred and feathered in the Market Sq if they could. 

Words that were applicable and were OK in the 50's & 60's should still be useable today. 

• Like 2

I remember when I was still in Nottingham that there was a huge furore about the being black ice on the roads. That could have been one of the earliest instances of this gross stupidity.

• Like 1

The French have mainly abandoned the two finger sign in favour of the rampant single middle finger.

Addendum: The ultimate in rude hand gestures is to hold up the hand with the tips of the thumb and middle finger touching. An up and down motion almost equates to a challenge to fight a duel (not quite, but I'm sure you see my meaning).

I once read a guide to hitchhiking that said there are some hand signals that we use other nations think are rude. Probably years out of date now but the thumbs up was considered a no no in Greece.