You couldn't make it up.

2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

I believe that one should only take notice of tickets presented by the Police or the Council, might be wrong.

Lizzie that used to be the case but they are now enforceable.

I posted about my run in with Homebase a while back. They were quite amused by my protest and cancelled the ticket. Not so amused when I cancelled their quote for £25k for a new kitchen..

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had a perfectly good trading area before the EEC. Who remembers New Zealand lamb adverts on the telly ? We traded with many nations including the US West Indies & the rest of the non EU wo

And that is what they are all frightened of Mick, seeing one of their ex members going it alone and doing well out of it without subsidies, the house of cards is starting to tumble   Rog

You are not wrong there Fly, there's still plenty of patriotic people in the country it's just that they are surpressed by the so called snowflakes for fear of upsetting anyone and being called racist

Ok, bad news if you’re right Brew but I will continue to park totally legally so I don’t get the hassle and expense of a penalty charge.  However, I will relate a true story from about 40 years ago.

My husband’s company had a contract to lay 2 million linear metres of yellow lines per year in the City of Westminster.  He had the contract for 15 years, until he sold the business.  He would regularly go to watch the lining crew and very often have a coffee with the Council employees and also Traffic Wardens, to keep them sweet.   The gang would regularly get parking fines for having their vehicle sitting on double yellow lines that they’d just painted.  We paid the fines for a quiet life but then my husband decided to go to court to fight a recent ticket.  In court he turned to the Parking Warden, who he regularly had coffee with, and asked him if he knew him.  The Warden said “I’ve never seen you before in my life!”  A jobsworth award to that chap!!   We continued to pay the parking tickets rather than waste time fighting them.  

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

We got a parking ticket from a private company a few years ago at a place that had a No Parking notice which was hidden by overhanging foliage so we didn’t see it.  .

Last week my brother and 80 year old sister-in-law came down for 4 days , staying in a nearby rented bungalow.

All having a nice time until the Sunday night when we went to the local hotel for a carvery , seven of us in all . The car park at the back has a pay ticket machine but you can claim back the fee against your meal when you pay .

She'd paid for 2 hours and stuck the self adhesive ticket on the screen . The meal and drinks went on a bit and I reminded sister in law that she needed to put more money in the machine . A nephew and myself went to the car to put the extra ticket on but were dismayed to see a penalty notice stuck on the screen .

Go back to the restaurant just as the £90 bill for the food was being settled at the till . Show my brother the ticket and its a £100 parking fine !

They'd paid at 5.45pm and the penalty was issued at 6.01pm . Unfortunately the sticky ticket in that quarter of an hour had unstuck itself and fallen on the floor of the car .

Showed the staff (mainly young girls)  the paid-for ticket with the time stamped on but they didn't want to know ....."we don't run our car-park it's managed by xxxx Parking Company , you'll have to take it up with them".

Big argument ensues in front of all the other diners and one of the staff says you'll have to come back tomorrow and see the manager , which they did.

Next day manager takes the same line ,......." Nothing I can do , get in touch with the parking company ....etc" .

Then my nephew said "OK  but Its not going to look very good when we all put in a poor Trip Advisor review of our experience "

Manager all of a sudden can do something ......" Oh ....well I might be able to get it cancelled let me photocopy the ticket and the penalty notice"........ but then came the warning....... "Write a bad review and I will get the penalty re-instated"

Charming !

Episode ruined their short break and in fact they went back a day early , whether they will come back to Cornwall again , who knows !

What a horrible experience, David.  I can understand the fact that it spoilt their break.  I hope it won't prevent their going to Cornwall again

• Like 1

I can't imagine any circumstances where I would pay to park in a restaurant car park when using the said restaurant. Aren't they fleecing you for enough money for the victuals served inside the place without any charges for parking?

There is a phrase 'Rip off Britain' I believe. This seems to be an example.

• Like 1

It's high time these so called 'stars' 'celebs' and assorted Z listers stopped talking the pi55 out of the mainly honest public who finance their delusional lifestyles. They adopt this 'I'm all right Jack' attitude and continually stick two fingers up to us all. 

Most can't even wipe their own backsides never mind think for themselves !

• Like 1

Manufactured "celebs" Fly, manufactured by the like of X factor,TOWIE, Big Brother and the jungle one, never be able to make it on their own, talentless cretins

Rog

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

It's high time these so called 'stars' 'celebs' and assorted Z listers stopped talking the pi55 out of the mainly honest public who finance their delusional lifestyles. They adopt this 'I'm all right Jack' attitude and continually stick two fingers up to us all. 

Most can't even wipe their own backsides never mind think for themselves !

I sincerely hope your comment includes that other waste of time program, Strictly Come Dancing too ?

• Like 2

Why oh why CF, do you insist on having digs at me ? Is it just to impress your disciples ?

• Like 1

Still retained my sense of humour CF. I never cease to be amazed on here ! smile2

• 4 months later...

This tram nonsense is turning into a complete farce and I just can’t see any solution to it. This will be with us  forever as the cost of closing the system down would be prohibitive. Maybe some tarmac down the sides of the rails to fill in the gaps and more buses might be a solution.

• Like 3

What do you mean 'become an embarrassment ' it's been like that from day one !!! Perhaps some cleverdick on the council will suggest trying the next new thing to bring Nottingham into the 19th century, horse drawn carriages!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry but I've never seen a male chest feeding a baby nor heard of a male giving birth. What IS the world coming to. Why can't they leave things as they were. It's no wonder some of the younger generation are confused.