Just looking at the Wolaton park link and saw a couple of pictures of "The Admirals Bath" . Now I have never heard of this before and did a google search and it doesn't come up with any details , so can any body help?

• 4 months later...

I publish the web site referred to by Frank - http://www.risepark.plus.com (purely as a pastime)

It now has over 55 pages and more than 400 photographs - all taken by myself.

Covers the Rise Park area of Nottingham, including many local 'places to visit'. Local parks, nature reserves etc. But also some places further afield. All places I have visited recently, so not yet in the nostalgia category.

As regards the Admirals bath reference and photo - there is a reference to this on the web site www.picturesofengland.com as under:-

"From the north-east basement a flight of rough steps and an underground passage lead first to a well of ice-cold water and then to a subterranean reservoir called the Admiral's bath, after a naval chief in the Willoughby family who apparently used it for his daily plunge. At the other end of the basement, the old servant's hall includes a fantastic bell system, used at one time to summon service to any corner of the house".

Thanks TeeBee (I was there the other day and forgot all about it (Else I would have gone in search!!)