It's amazing ain't it? last week we enter BST tonight it is snowing like bloody Billyo

An inch at least in 3/4 of an hour

I know that's bu99er all to you Statesiders but it's the most I've seen in at least 15 years in th U.K.

It beautiful in Lincs...very blue sky and glourious sun smile2

Where abouts in lincs are you? We were in chapel and ingo on friday for the day. Its sunny but cold ere in nottingham this mornin. Chrissy. x

It had stopped by 3.30 am a good 2 1/2 inches by then ,SWMBO was most impressed with me when I woke her up to show it to her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It had totally gone by 10.30 am, we just had another flurry which started to settle but it has now turned to rain

• 6 years later...

Snows great if you're a kid, got kids, feel like being a kid, like skiing, toboganning, like sitting in the warm looking out at snow. Crisp new snow on beautiful scenery..... snow is great! Until it becomes slush.

I was stuck on the A34 near Oxford a couple of years ago. Six hours, no food only water, dying for a pee.

Managed to turn round and struggle to Stoney Middleton and find a hotel. No joke I can assure you.

We really got a lot snow 2 or 3 years ago didn't we? Cars abandoned all over the place. I never got my car out of the garage for weeks, it just wasn't worth bothering.

Think of the money you saved on petrol though Lizzie .LOL

• Upvote 1

Remember when I worked for BT in the early days, hanging off the top of a telegraph pole somewhere or other in a blizzard ! trying to replace lines that had given up with the weight of the snow.

Trying to drive from one appointment to another in ridiculous conditions.

Looks nice when it's fresh and clean and pretty, but that's about it, as said great for kids, big kids and sledging, but not so good for oldies trying to keep warm on their meager pensions and struggling to get to the shops for their essentials.

Then it all turns a dirty slushy brown, yuk !

Can't say I miss it much.

When I was driving for a living, I was on the A19 in Durham. I pulled into a lay by in a driving blizzard to tighten my tarpaulin and adjust my frozen ropes. In the short while I was stationary, the trailer wheels had frozen up. Again, no joke !

Don't tell me, don't tell me!! You pee in and throw it over the driver in front who is causing the traffic jam.

• Upvote 1

My house isnt built for a wood burner, as it has no actual chimney, being built in the idealistic 1980s where central heating was the way to go. This is a sadness to me as I can actually get my hands on large amounts of wood to burn. There is nothing finer than the heat a wood burner puts out. So comforting. Its also often more entertaining to watch than the telly.