Can remember going there as a teenager with me uncle Jack n aunty Mary Bakewell who worked at Andrews....sat/sun night... flipping heck the place was always rammed....it was a proper working mans club so thick with smoke my eyes used to stream....and as i remember never a crap act on the stage.....oh yeh and always plenty of good looking girls to get talking n that to while the owd un`s danced and bingo`ed the night away to who ever was on the stage

Was the club anything to do with Percy Andrews at Bulwell? My dad worked there for 30 odd years

yeh thats the one......sadly no longer

• 5 years later...

My dad worked at Percy Andrews, then later for Andrews Engineering which was run by Percy's son, dad worked for Andrews family as;

Lorry driver, machine fitter (until he was crushed under an Andrews machine) & finally Storeman, once he'd recovered from the injuries broken legs, ribs & pelvis.

His name was Charlie (Wag) Thorpe, sadly gone now

• 7 years later...
On 5/22/2013 at 7:49 PM, Paulus said:

My dad worked at Percy Andrews, then later for Andrews Engineering which was run by Percy's son, dad worked for Andrews family as;

Lorry driver, machine fitter (until he was crushed under an Andrews machine) & finally Storeman, once he'd recovered from the injuries broken legs, ribs & pelvis.

His name was Charlie (Wag) Thorpe, sadly gone now

Your dad trained my husband in the stores we went to see him at his house in hyson Green,  my husband thought a lot about your dad , and he is still doing the same thing in a different company 

Welcome to Nottstalgia, Beverly Radford.

Paulus hasn't been here for quite a while so he probably won't see your comment, but I believe he posts on Facebook and several people here are in contact with him so your message may be passed on.