Things that annoy you

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before I turn in for bed I will find the end to this Sellotape,

Unfortunately different councils have different rules for recycling. All my cardboard and paper goes into my compost at home or the allotment. Recyclable plastics go in the council bin and “soft plast

Its nearly as bad as "It's a Small World" at Disney! WARNING, ride at your own risk, once the ride has started you cant get off for ten minutes and fifty three seconds! Dont say I dint warn yer! P

Posted Images

Weather forecasters...

Agreed, the most cliched brigade on earth...

"From the word go!"..."do take care"..."through the Cheshire Gap" et al.

Have you seen this nut who points directly at the camera, having finished his forecast...Dan ?

Cheers

Robt P.

• Upvote 1

Why oh why do they do it madashell

On one of the nicest days of the year I get the smell of burning garden rubbish wafting through my windows...why??

Weve got the brown garden refuse bins now...no excuse...nutters flyswat

• Upvote 1
Why oh why do they do it madashell

On one of the nicest days of the year I get the smell of burning garden rubbish wafting through my windows...why??

Weve got the brown garden refuse bins now...no excuse...nutters flyswat

People who tell you they have had one of the nicest days of the year when it has tipped it down here for most of the day (And you would be exceedingly hard pressed to get a bonfire going without 2 gallons of unleaded)......LOL .......Thanks Mickety

• Upvote 1

People who start bonfires with two gallons of unleaded.

I was on a course last year, where they showed a video 2 men lighting a bonfire with petrol.

Pretty impressive display.

I know I still have the singed eyebrows

In answer Mickety our weather is weird we can have it raining out the front and sunny out the back at the same time!

And as for the petrol, I get the local Scally's to nick some for me .....LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Automated phones, especially British Gas. You have to dial an 0845 number and then enter 2 different numbers, your account number, inside leg measurement and post code before you can even talk to a human being.

Just been to the DHSS (Again) and I am told I need to phone a certain other office elsewhere in the world, so I go to use their phone in it's little booth on the wall ,only to be told that they are only for people ringing after jobs now.

" How do I contact ********* please ? " says I , to get the reply something along the lines of you have to use your own phone at home.

" I don't have one",(I do really but f*ck em)

. "Well can you use a friends "was the responce.

Now forgive for sounding tight fisted but the cheeky B45t4rds have already cut any payments I received down to zero, and all their phone numbers have gone from normal telephone numbers ie ordinary area code, then the number , which on my broadband tariff are free, to 0845 numbers that are charged at national call rate, so I have to pay for the bloody things now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My reason for needing to ring someone ???? I get aletter telling me that SWMBO must go in for a meeting to advise her on how to get back working full time (Which if they bothered to check they would see that she is working full time anyway.) They insist the meeting is on Tuesday at 3.00pm (IE when Charlotte leaves school) I tell them we can't go then, and yet again they threaten to stop my benefits (What benefits???)

I also tell them that SWMBO is working that day and would they compensate her for her lost time from work?? "Of course not" (as she is not claiming any benefits) So if she isn't claiming benefits how can you demand to see her? "I don't make the rules I just have to apply them sir" is the sarcastic reply.

" Well come and fetch me and the wife on Monday, as I can't afford to travel there now and as I am disabled I cannot walk that far" I then get accused of being threatening and she tells me she is going to hang up , I beat her to it.

We shall wait to see what happens on Monday!!

Automated phones, especially British Gas. You have to dial an 0845 number and then enter 2 different numbers, your account number, inside leg measurement and post code before you can even talk to a human being.

Here's a good site to help shortcut some of those automated call services . . .

Say No to 0870!

You go into a shop and have to pay with a ten pound note or a twenty pound note for a small value item (like a pint of HP)

When they give you the change, they always put the note in your hand first then cover it with the coins???? How the 'eck are you supposed to put the coins in your pocket then get your wallet out to put the note away????

It's the same in the garage when you pay for the fuel - they insist on holding your credit/debit card until the paperwork has been printed then give it back to you in one big bundle!!!!!

Why can't they give you the card so that you can put it in your wallet while the receipt is printing???

Obviously, I've had a bad day dealing with ar*ehole* :angry:

Or even when they look at your note to check its real and then give you a funny look when you do it to the change they give you back.

I do it at the local Macdonalds on purpose

• 4 weeks later...
Or even when they look at your note to check its real and then give you a funny look when you do it to the change they give you back.

I do it at the local Macdonalds on purpose

yeh i do that and when they give the look(which is everytime) i just tell em "it works the other way too ya know"........