NCM AIDS 'HUNT' FOR SCANLON

NCM have recieved a special recognition from a respected national newspaper after helping out in the ongoing fight to locate former Notts hero Ian Scanlon.

NCM is Notts County Mad by the way

Just thought someone could help

Click on the link above (or if you can't be bothered , he played footy for the Maggies)

I seem to recall he also did a disappearing act while playing for Notts, think he went back to Scotland for a while.

Didnt he used to live in Wilford Village in his playing days, somewhere near the church?

When I was about 13 / 14 we were invited to his house for a glass of pop (after a match) there were about 6 of us and they took us in their cars (Scanlon ,Bradd and Carter ,I think) then they took us all home as well ,to this day I can't remember how we got to go , but I think it was from selling "County Bingo" or something like it.

I did sell my mum the £200 pound jackpot ticket once (That was a hell of a lot of money in those days , made even sweeter because I got 10% commission as well.) I'm pretty sure we went on holiday for a fortnight on the proceeds !!!!!!!

• 11 months later...