I was looking at PictureThePast and came across an image of this Inn Sign, taken in Bramcote in 1984. I don't remember this at all and the only other reference to it Mr Oogle could find was in a Dictionary of Pub Names. Apart from that it doesn't seem to have existed.

Does any one else remember this pub? My only thought is that it might have been a short lived name change for one of the other pubs in the area, perhaps the now defunct Moor Farm Inn?

TucksHabit.jpg

Does any one else remember this pub? My only thought is that it might have been a short lived name change for one of the other pubs in the area, perhaps the now defunct Moor Farm Inn?

I just noticed "Picture the Past" has a "map" function but I think it's pretty random. It puts the pub in the bushes halfway up the A52 between Bramcote and Bardills Islands, just where the Baulk Lane bridge crosses to meet the end of Common Lane.

I don't think so!

I was looking at PictureThePast and came across an image of this Inn Sign, taken in Bramcote in 1984. I don't remember this at all and the only other reference to it Mr Oogle could find was in a Dictionary of Pub Names. Apart from that it doesn't seem to have existed.

TucksHabit.jpg

Whilst on the subject of Friar Tuck`s Habit ,how many others of you have been dismayed to have the friar written out of the present Robin Hood series ? What about Robin`s Saracen bow instead of the famous English long bow?... and the inclusion of the dark skinned arabic looking woman?

In "Robin Hood Prince of thieves " there is also a Saracen, played by Morgan Freeman, and again in the 80's series there was one.

Must be a way of attempting to be P.C. and show that they weren't all murdering savages!!!!!

• 1 month later...
tucks habit was the old moor farm

Thanks hippo girl :-)

I used to go and see bands at Moor Farm from it's opning (in '69 'or '70). It was walking distance for me, living pretty close to it on the Bramcote Hills estate. Good venue at the time.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

He probably did with difficulty. However, I believe that Tucks Habit was one of the names that the Moor Farm Inn had. I think it has been flattened now. I remember when it was a farm.

Moor Farm was still a farm up to the late 60's. It then was converted into 'Moor Farm Inn'. It was renamed 'Bramcote Manor' which was a little confusing as the Bramcote Manor house is in the old village. The last name change was to 'Tuck's Habit' until it closed.

The whole site has been cleared and a new Meeting Room (Church) occupies the site.

• Upvote 1

I remember when it was a farm. They had two dogs. I can't remember what sort but one was big with a deep bark and the other a little yappy one. When you walked along the footpath adjacent, they used to follow you on the other side of the fence, barking all the way along. I used to think they were funny.