Crossed Keys Club

Hey congrats on your first post Barbara..and yes I remember Chicks on Alfreton Road cos as you know I was going out with a young lady a bit further down..wasn't Chicks owned by a former Nottingham Panthers player..Chick Zamick or something like that..or was that a dry cleaners..I'm sure someone on here will know...Rad Y building still standing..will send you a pic tomorrow..and thanks for the nice comments you left..was trying to reply but couldn't fiqure out how, will go and have another try.

pete c ....still riding a vespa

Spot on about Chick! He was one of the original Panthers. obviously including my old man.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Chick Zamick did play ice hockey, it was a combined dry cleaners and hairdressers. Mal worked at Woollies, think it was the sweet counter, mind you she was sweet enough.Up round the corner was the Dungeon Club, Stanhope Street- we used to go on a Sunday afternoon, or is my memory confused- Sunday, was it open in the afternoons? Whats the weather like in Nottingham?

Stanford street to be picky, and yes, unless those tablets I was on, (anti sleep ones they were!) are playing tricks with my memory, it used to open Sunday, didnt they call them "Marathons" and ran 3 till 8? I know for a fact bank holiday Mondays happened like that, cos it was Easter Monday 66 that I first went there!

The weather? So far June has been sh1t!!!!!!!!!

Nice and hot up in Cheshire today .The last few days it has rained (I know 'cos I wanted to get out to mow the lawn and cut the hedge ,but have been unable to cos it's been pi**ing down) Typical I have had other things to do today ,and you can bet your bottom dollar it'll be raining again Monday (The next time I'm free)

Yes the Dungeon was open Sunday afternoon but I think it stayed open longer than 8 because I can remember going down there in the afternoon in my ben sherman shirt and levi's then getting a pass out (stamp on the hand) and going home and changing in to my suit..(bought from John Colliers for a few bob a week)..wouldn't have been worth going all the way home if it shut at 8...also the Beachcomber was open Sunday afternoons too.

pete c....still riding a vespa

Did you go there on a Sunday afternoon HG..usually it was for the under 18 's I often went because I was only 16 / 17 at the time..looked young so didn't always get in at night..now I look old and get in everywhere !!!

i certainly did pete...the cool cat bar served soft drinks!.........then graduated to the sunday night gigs..still underage but no id required!!!!! the music was great..don't know who owned the club but it was attached to the adlib and think that was owned by a guy clled jack who lived at arnold ( girlfriend was gwen who managed the club)..anyone help me out here ?

Great Music Pete! I loved Alan Bown - used to talk to him occasionally when they played the Place in Stoke (Hanley really). I still think Jess Roden was one of the best voices of any colour ever!

I'd quite like all three if that's OK - should I message my address?

Hi Charlie..yes if you message me your address will mail the 3 cd's off to you no problem...used to have the Alan Bown Set 45 Headline News b side Mr Pleasure but it was stolen along with another single of theirs called Gonna Fix You Good..tried looking on ebay to replace them but no luck so far.

The Dungeon also served soft drinks HG..you could get a cornish pastie too..tasted like they had been warmed up for a week and probably had!

I quite liked the Beachcomber although as I have mentioned somewhere on here before the Dungeon had a far better sound system..wish I could jump in the Tardis and go back and walk down those big wide steps and hear the music blasting up again.

pete c....still riding a vespa and dreaming!!

Hi Charlie..yes if you message me your address will mail the 3 cd's off to you no problem...used to have the Alan Bown Set 45 Headline News b side Mr Pleasure but it was stolen along with another single of theirs called Gonna Fix You Good..tried looking on ebay to replace them but no luck so far.

I know it's not vinyl, but both tracks are on emergency 999 - a sequel CD - all their early stuff basically, I'll send my address in a mo!

I have both tracks on cd but would like them on vinyl too.

Have posted your 3 cd's this afternoon so should be with you in a day or so..let me know when they arrive Charlie.

Love the White Walls. Bet they cost a few bob to replace

One hundred and ten pounds plus fitting for the pair..they are continental k62's..no wonder I'm broke!!!..the spare on the back is just a normal one..still brand new so not changing that yet..has a target cover over it so you can't really see it anyway.

And thanks for showing me the easy way to get the photo on here Ian...and you can see now it ain't no moped!!!!! :laugh:

Nick what have you done to my scoot!!!!....the photo was taken where I work up near J27 ..look out for me coming up your road sometime very soon..have been up there last year, was trying to see if I could remember where a girl that I went out with used to live..I couldn't!