Crossed Keys Club

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well don't let us sit on the horse and not ride it, lets ave a butchers at yer photie

Oh and I bet Steve Cragg is Radfordreds relation too

By the way Nick are you related to Ken Cragg who was/is in the newsagents business up Matlock??

Nah Ken / Steve / Cresswell checked me tree no relation .

That's one smart machine Pete,,,,, takes me right back.

Most of our bunch had Lambretta's,,,,, but I still like to see a well turned out Scooter.

One of my mates had a Truimph 250 with the tank antenna on it, which he preferred me to drive, with him on the back,,,,

We lost no end of antenna tops on lamp-posts when cornering too close !

Mind you, I came down from a 650 Thunderbird (with chair !),,, Racing ITOM,,, Tiger 110 etc,,,, to my Lambretta 150cc. Well worth the change,,,,,,

• 1 month later...

Thank you Mick, nice to be back...been busy these last few months..don't know if you remember Radford Old Gal who came on here in June, she was living in Spain, we realised we knew each other from back in the sixties..anyway long story short she (Barbara) is now back here in England and we are living together, all thanks to this site so if it hadn't been for Nottstalgia we would never have met up again..SO THANK YOU NOTTSTALGIA.

pete c....still riding a vespa

In hindsite I think this calls for a bit of a special Christmas meet up???

Anybody want to organise ??

Well done Pete & Barbara (she did tell me she had the hots for you back in 60s) I'm sure you'll get 2 on the scoot , has she met up with my Auntie yet ?

Barbara is meeting up with your Auntie Ann this afternoon (Sat)...think they may have a lot to talk about Nick!!!

pete c....still riding a vespa

• 1 year later...

That particular Model was made with many badges, dependent upon the level of luxury.

There was a Riley badged one, that would be the upmarket one with leather seats etc.

Like the Riley Elf, which was a posh Hillman Imp.

That particular Model was made with many badges, dependent upon the level of luxury.

There was a Riley badged one, that would be the upmarket one with leather seats etc.

Like the Riley Elf, which was a posh Hillman Imp.

The riley elf was a posh mini, as well as the wolsley hornet.

The posh hillman imp was a sunbeam stiletto.

Any of them cars in good nick would be worth a few bob nowadays

Morris Oxford, Austin Cambridge or MG Magnette. Only difference was trim level between the Morris and the Austin - the MG version had a different instrument layout (with tach), twin SU carbs and a different cylinder head. I don't think there was a Riley version, but there may have been a Wolsley!

My dad had a blue/white Austin Cambridge! The prior owner was the Chief Constable of Notts - so when we first bought the car we would regularly get saluted when driving through Nottm.! It was also the car I learned to drive in!

Wish I still owned it!

Which Chief was that Eric?

No idea Mick. Dad probably bought the car around 1967 or '68 - and kept it to about 1972. The salutes slowly stopped as more officers realised the car had a new owner (or the old owner had a new car, etc).

• 5 years later...

Hi Radfordred

RadY thats the place, I can remember Ray, quite distinct with the single arm. Used to frequent the Cross Keys as well and as a young un as a cub. Knew Russ Palethorpe, Richard & Robert Pate, Phil Hickling. Come from the other side the railway over New Bridge.

• 5 years later...