There is a Gill Street just off Mansfield Road near the city. Close by used to be Peel Street hospital which was a large maternity Hospital. Could this be the one? The houses have been demolished on there now but i seem to remember them being large semi detached.

There is a Gill Street just off Mansfield Road near the city. Close by used to be Peel Street hospital which was a large maternity Hospital. Could this be the one? The houses have been demolished on there now but i seem to remember them being large semi detached.

Yes, thanks for that I got mixed up between general hospitol and old general hospitol [younger sister born there]

• 7 years later...

Large houses on Gill street when I was small,lots of Doctors lived in those houses,by the 70's it was very run down,Hampden st,Dryden st.all requiring previous convictions before obtaining a tenancy.Camilla's knock off got some stick from the locals when he came to goz at Trent Poly's new building.St Anne's was in a bad way and housing was in short supply.

Its a shame NBL that they pulled lovely houses down,lots of places probably only needed rewiring and new pipes etc..I know a lot were damp and were only fit for the wrecking ball.Is it true the last council building program was 1973-St.Annes?

To me it's seems nowadays that they have to spend loads of cash refurbing the ones built in the 70's St Annes being a prime example.

Remember the district heating scheme powered by burning waste at London Road, don't think there's a single house left on that scheme now.