Manning Grove & Bloomfield St

I don't suppose anyone has any photos of Manning Grove (or even Manning St) and Bloomfield St from the old St Ann's in their albums do they?

It seems so many of the smaller streets don't have any photographic record. So sad....

Tony

Thanks for the replies folks. I'd already spent some time viewing PicturethePast. It's is very good, although some of the map references are way out (e.g. Sycamore recreation gound, ha!). Unfortunately, I couldn't find any pictures of my strees of interest

You just know someone, somewhere, must have photos in their albums that include the same streets as you're looking for. I bet a lot of us wish we'd done a quick photographic project before these places were demolished. In fact, it's a shame the council didn't take a few high-definition aerial pictures before the redevelopments began :-)

• 2 months later...
In fact, it's a shame the council didn't take a few high-definition aerial pictures before the redevelopments began :-)

Is someone messing around here? I did a follow-up to this post, quoting the sentence above, and indicating that such photos exist. That post now appears to have been moved under the forum on internet resources under a misspelled title "arial photographs". I can see the relevance to that forum but I would have preferred a copy to be posted rather than the original being moved

Here's the original again...

Well, it turns out that aerial photographic surveys of the city have taken place on a regular basis. Some of these (e.g. British Geological Survey) are not commerically available.

However, English Heritage holds a vast number of aerial photographs from between about 1940 to about 2000. Many of these are direct overhead but some are "oblique" (i.e. from an angle).

These can be puchased from: http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server/.../ConWebDoc.4510 if you have a map grid reference

Tony

Its pretty standard in forums, and called splitting the post.

When a poster replies to a topic with a post that deserves its own thread,

it can be moved so the new subject can be discussed seperately, and avoids

long threads covering many subjects.

Its pretty standard in forums, and called splitting the post.

When a poster replies to a topic with a post that deserves its own thread,

it can be moved so the new subject can be discussed seperately, and avoids

long threads covering many subjects.

That's true but then you would normally expect a link to the displaced, or edited, post. Sometimes a post taken out of context of the original thread doesn't make that much sense as a starter for a new thread

Thanks anyway. At least I know someone read it :smile:

Tony