A gunshot was fired at a vehicle in Bilborough.

The single shot was fired in the Cockington Road area at 3.30pm yesterday.

Nobody was injured and detectives are currently trying to establish a motive. They believe it is an isolated incident and a targeted attack.

A search of the area has taken place and inquiries are continuing.

It is believed the weapon used was a shotgun.

Anyone with any information should call Radford Road CID 01159 670999 ext 4532 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

• 8 years later...

Since Nottstalgia entered the new format I have been looking at the Forums and reading more old threads.  Did they ever get to the bottom of this one?  My mum said that there was once a police chase through the back gardens in Bilborough in about 1980.  Having grown up in Bilborough and been very happy there at that time it is so sad to hear about these events, but then they are happening in many areas now. "The times they are a changing", but not always for the better.

So true BS, I was born in Bilborough myself & my my early years there. However I'm told that the crime level there is higher than Aspleh  !

Unheard of in the past but nowadays a usual thing.

Once a police chase ! Good grief, it's almost a daily occurrence through the estates these days.

Thats when the law can be bothered to get of their ar5es of course.

I agree with you Fly2.  To be honest I was hugely relieved when in 1982 I helped mum move out of the house in Bilborough and come to live in a housing association flat a mile from us.  It was sad in a way because there were so many happy memories of the great community we had in the 50s and 60s.   

• Upvote 1