O.K. you wits, what do you make of this?

DID UFO HOVER OVER BEESTON?

13 May 2008

People in Beeston have reported seeing a possible UFO.

A bright and stationary triangular light was said to be seen over the town square coupled with a loud noise for about five minutes at around 11.30pm on Saturday.

One resident, who wished to remain anonymous, said: "At first we thought it looked like an helicopter, but maybe not."

Notts police took a call about a possible UFO sighting at 10pm on Saturday. The caller hung up before giving the exact location.

Did you see anything? Have you seen a UFO? Post your comments below.

Had Den had one too many Harvest Pales and stopped off for a wee (Small) break on the way home??

National reports too, issued today:

Files released on UFO sightings

"...Secret files on UFO sightings have been made available for the first time by the Ministry of Defence.

The documents, which can be downloaded from the National Archives website, cover the period from 1978 to 1987.

They include accounts of strange lights in the sky and unexplained objects being spotted by the public, armed forces and police officers..."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7398108.stm

Cheers

Robt P.

Had Den had one too many Harvest Pales and stopped off for a wee (Small) break on the way home??

Me don't think so beefy mate I can never have to many HPs or wee's.

And for UFOs...what a load of rubbish....until I see one of those so called UFOs my mind is open like a locked gate......talking about UFOs you would have thought I would have seen one before now walking down Sawley lane as I do. All one see's is Horses everywhere and the odd cross country express while hurdling over railway barriers.

Bip.

A true story:

Back in 1970, I owned my first car, an Austin A35, and I dated a young lady (Ann) who lived in Coalville. Late one Saturday night, I was driving back to Long Eaton after a pleasant evening out. My route took me along the (then) A447 from Coalville to the old A453 just south of Castle Donnington. As I drove along THIS stretch just north of Griffydam, I noticed a white light in my mirror. I ignored it thinking it was a motorcycle. Just before the slight right "kink" in the road, the light caught up to me and was "tailgating" me, which became annoying so I slowed down to let the bike go past. I had slowed to about 30 mph, but still it stayed on my tail. Then, just before I reached Breedon Cloud Wood on the left, the light simply shot off across a field to my left!

I told my girlfriend, and her mother, about what I had seen, but never really thought much about it until the following weekend. Her mum showed me an article in the Coalville newspaper which described an identical incident that happened to a young woman, on the same road, but about 10 miles south of my "encounter"!

To this day, I have no idea what, or who, it was. Suffice to say that, in spite of this event, I do NOT believe in UFO's! If Ann Richards should read this - a big "hello"!

My experience was about 10 years ago when working as a courier. One evening (9.pm ish) I had to shoot off down south and as I passed Stoke on Trent cars were swerving all over the M6 ,I slowed down to see what was causing the problem and off to our left at about 1000 feet and a distance of maybe 1 mile was a strange glowing object, it was moving ,but it was hard to say how fast as we were moving too.

There must have been 4 or 5 minor shunts in the confusion and it took some avoiding the debris, I had the local (Signal) radio on but there were no reports of anything unusual, other than Stoke City were winning ...LOL

Daft as it seems it took me ages to realise that what we all had seen must have been a "Goodyear Blimp" or similar that was filming the game from the air!!!

This is not my only one , but it is the best (So far)

I won't say flying craft from other worlds don't exist, but I've never seen one. Living in the country with no light pollution whatsoever, if they were around surely I'd have seen one in our bright night skies by now?

I've seen the Northern Lights pretty often down here after a huge solar event, now they are very pretty!

There you go a green laser hand held by a green spotty huddy yuth….

Bip.

the ufo sighted in beeston last week was a police helicopter with all the flashing lights......it was hvering above my house..scared the .... out of me !

Thats what Mickety's link says

As I was once told , if we reversed the situation and we had flown millions of miles across time and space, don't you think we would stop and say hello??