much prefer Radio Nottingham no BLOODY ADVERTS!!!!!!and Terry Wogan from 7-30 to 9-30 88 to 91 FM radio 2 .& DAB.              

I'll second that Den. The adverts, repeating every few minutes or records really does me 'ed in. Can't stand local radio now for that very reason.

Give me Terry's Togs anyday.

Saga's not too bad - if only they would drop the boring adverts. Do these people really believe that we get brainwashed into going out an buying the products just because we heard them over and over on the trannie?

Oh, and while i'm on the soap box - can't stand female jocks - the high pitched voices, innane dribble and false laughs just go through me girlvboy

Frank, youre missing the point of the ads, they actually finance the station, no ads, no commercial radio station. They dont get licence money like beeb stations do.

I agree about most female presenters, but there are exceptions to the squeeking voice variety, Amanda Bowman ( who used to be my careline reader on Trent Derby) on Saga.

And yes, Terry is the boss.

BIP will like this post - quote after quote after quote smile2

Sorry Den - 'bout time we sank a few Pales together mate. thumbsup

Craig. I realise the need for adverts and the revenue from them but they still do me 'ed in :crazy: at least we aint got that lovely Coldseal advert anymore :tease:

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before the World Famous City Ground rose up on the banks of the River Trent  

By reputation he'd give you something, not sure if it was tickets...

Posted Images

used to go brit on a friday, boat or union sunday

Now yer talking HG. !clapping!

For us it was the Boat Club on Friday or Saturday, and The Union on Sunday night.

The latter was excellent. DJ Petal was one of my hero's of the 70's

I would dance on the stage to such as

Black Dog - Led Zep (complete with my air guitar)

Yeh Yeh the Smell - Ginger Baker and Fella Ransome Kute,

Gimmee some Lovin - Traffic

Music for Gong Gong - Osibisa

Jingo Lo Ba - Santana

Watching the River flow - Bob Dylan (the Union anthem?)

I just want to celebrate - Rare Earth

Roll away the stone - Ramsey Lewis

Funky Nassau - Beginning of the end

Little old man - Bill Cosby.

And a slow dance at the end

You've got a friend - James Taylor

And (always the very last dance)...

Layla - Derek & the Dominoes.

There was nowhere that you could hear that type of music elswhere.

More will come to me...

Must look throgh my record box...

Don't forget all those greats that stood on that small stage in the Boat - thinking of Led Zep, Sabbath, Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac, Genesis, Clapton, Beck etc. Added to that there were some great acts that never made the really big time.

I remember seeing Def Leppard down there in one of their first ever gigs, they were only about 18 at the time and you could tell they were going to be huge.

Don't forget all those greats that stood on that small stage in the Boat - thinking of Led Zep, Sabbath, Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac, Genesis, Clapton, Beck etc. Added to that there were some great acts that never made the really big time.

I remember seeing Def Leppard down there in one of their first ever gigs, they were only about 18 at the time and you could tell they were going to be huge.

Forgive me for being too young but where was the boat club?

It's one of three rowing clubs on the side of the Trent next to the Forest ground - the others were the Britannia and the Union.

Their website is here - http://www.nrcuk.org/index.php

They still have bands on from time to time but it's not a regular thing anymore.

Now yer talking HG. !clapping!

For us it was the Boat Club on Friday or Saturday, and The Union on Sunday night.

The latter was excellent. DJ Petal was one of my hero's of the 70's..

Mick there was somehere else as it happens - The Hippo, cos Petal and Pat used to work there. They usually played Layla to segue into a slow section and Samba pa ti to get out of it!

Funk 49 is one of theirs as are:

She's alright

The Shape I'm in

Witch Queen

I did a compilation of stuff they used to play and it ran to over 2 CDs of timeless, brilliant music.

Aha! So someone does know Keith! I remember that mobile home and a collection of 45s to die for! Now then - do you remember Pat as well? Little bit serious most of the time but OK if she liked you!

Funk 49 is one of theirs as are:

She's alright

The Shape I'm in

Witch Queen

I did a compilation of stuff they used to play and it ran to over 2 CDs of timeless, brilliant music.

Funk 49 means nothing to me, I might know it if I heard it?

Ah now I remember

She's Alright MCKENNA MENDELSON MAINLINE

The Shape I'm in - The Band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbiUQNtU-uE

Who could forget 'Redbone'

How about Funky Nassau - Beginning of the end.

And little old man - Bill Cosby?

Do we feel another CD coming on?

Don't forget 'Music For Gong Gong'

Well,

theres also

Buddy Miles - Them Changes

Fanny - Charity Ball

Nazareth - Dear John

Run Run Run - Jo Jo Gunne

(these three were played one after the other and if you play them you'll see why - they segue brilliantly)

Funk 49 was by the James Gang which was an early Jo Walsh band and very good too.

Devil's Answer - Atomic Rooster

and finally this afternoon - Big Jim Salter from Maggie Bell's Stone the Crows - truly awesome.

Make a CD or two - I did and they're brill!

• 4 weeks later...
Mick there was somehere else as it happens - The Hippo, cos Petal and Pat used to work there. They usually played Layla to segue into a slow section and Samba pa ti to get out of it!

They were always playing Layla down at the Union and The Strawbs - Part of the Union.

Good though. They were always having problems with people climbing in the joint without paying as I recall.

• 1 month later...
Am I the only one who one who remembers Pink Floyd at the Brit in 67 or 68?

Lol n o you're not.......Does anyone remember seeing Cpt Beefheart there too?

• 3 months later...

Best band I saw there were The Pirates as in Johnny Kidd & The Pirates late 1970's. They were fantastic. Saw Dire Straits before they were big as well. Many great gigs there Girlschool, Def Lepared, Siousixe & The Banshees, Motorhead. Missed the Sex Pistols though. My mate saw them. I was so jealous. What ever happened to Metal Mickey the DJ ?

Mickey worked with me at the Mardi Gras in the mid 80s I lost touch when the Mardi closed in about 89

Fanny - Charity Ball

Didnt think anyone else remembered these......excellent girl band

got all their cd's and some vinyls

Remember the boat club very well..fell off the balcony a few times too......then also got in without paying a few times that way.

the the Silver Slipper once every month

Perhaps you would be interested in this, given away free at the previous weeks Rennaisance concert, it was the first off the pile as I had spent the afternoon helping Rick Relf and the band set up and I just nipped down stairs and picked it up from the office ahead of the massive qeue, probably much to their disgust, but I had been working.

Was anyone else there for this epic concert, I spent the whole time leaning on the corner of the bar next to the stage, it was the best place to get to the toilet, get yer beers in and have a crack with the band.

I wonder if anyone else kept a ticket, note the number, if it was off the top of the pile, I reckon that was just about the maximum attendance that night.

bc1.jpg