Hi new to the site, does anyone have any memories of around Lenton. I went to the junior school, bought fish and chips from down the lttle shop near Hart Street, must have been a real creep as went their in my lunch hour for the teachers! You wouldn't get away with that nowadays, I know, I teach! We used to walk to the park for games and if we timed it right I would pass my mum waiting for her bus at the bottom of Church St to go to Players. I went to Brownies in the church hall and remember the Oliver Hinds Boys Club on Willoughby St.

Ashlar,

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi can't remember a lot about Abbey Street apart from the fact that we used to walk over it to get to the Lido on University Boulevard.

My Mum and Dad used to drink in the Albion Pub at the bottom of Willoughby street near the roundabout with Abbey Street. Do you remember it? Used to know a Colin Woods from round their, ring any bells?

• 7 years later...

Wasnt that Montey Hind ?? on Willoughby St. or did it change its name when it moved to Leen Gate ?? I had a fwe older friends go there.

Hey Mick2me was that near the CoOp shop if so i would go there for the weeks groceries with my mum. we had a garage in a car park just behind harisons the barber shop

Question Please how do i answer a pervious post like Mick2me at #2

Question Please how do i answer a pervious post like Mick2me at #2

Click on the "Quote" button at the lower right corner. When you start typing, make sure your cursor is outside the box.

Bear in mind you have latched on to a thread which has not been active since 2008. The subject of the Co-op at Lenton, Monty Hind, Abbey Street, have been mentioned in various other threads on the site. You can find them using the "Search" box at the top right of the Home page, or start with this thread http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9777

Click on the "Quote" button at the lower right corner. When you start typing, make sure your cursor is outside the box.

Bear in mind you have latched on to a thread which has not been active since 2008. The subject of the Co-op at Lenton, Monty Hind, Abbey Street, have been mentioned in various other threads on the site. You can find them using the "Search" box at the top right of the Home page, or start with this thread http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9777

Thanks for this I didnt notice the date the thread was started