'favourite Motown tracks of the day'

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whilst working in in Detroit I took the opportunity to visit Hitsville USA, the Motown Museum. I have to say it was fanbloodytastic. It tells the story from the early days of Tamla. They had Mich

In a recent survey on Soul Source this Motown record was voted best ever. The vocals of Levi Stubbs make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

Might be a time to re-post my live recording of The Four Tops at the Odeon in the early 70s . I am sure that Still Waters was their current single at the time (unfortunately not on this bit ) . Abs

It's My Time - Mynah Birds

Go On And Cry - Mynah Birds

I can't say I've heard these tracks but as they include Neil Young (in his pre Buffalo Springfield days) they've got to be good. If anyone has invested in The Complete Motown Singles: Vol. 6 then perhaps you can enlighten me?

It's My Time - Mynah Birds

Go On And Cry - Mynah Birds

I can't say I've heard these tracks but as they include Neil Young (in his pre Buffalo Springfield days) they've got to be good. If anyone has invested in The Complete Motown Singles: Vol. 6 then perhaps you can enlighten me?

Stop! Hey! What's that sound. !clapping!

HERE COMES THE JUDGE...SHORTY LONG

pete c...still riding a vespa

Not meaning to be disloyal to tamla but I always thought Pigmeat Markham's version was better!

Love 'Function at the junction' though!

Whole lotta shaking in my heart.............Miracles...and for good measure...(Come round here) Im the one you need!

Oh, heres another I played yesterday...You got me hurtin all over....Barbara Randolph

Whole lotta shaking in my heart.............Miracles...and for good measure...(Come round here) Im the one you need!

Oh, heres another I played yesterday...You got me hurtin all over....Barbara Randolph

Shop Around (smokey) and Just ain't enough love (Eddie Holland)

Yeah that's why I have NOT taken part in the soul without motown..they are not exactly queueing up are they!!!

Great Smokey choice Charlie..here's mine

THE LOVE I SAW IN YOU WAS JUST A MIRAGE...superb...................

pete c...still riding a vespa and listening to that Motown sound

Well it's in the title.

Your favourite Motown song. Not lets list as many Motown songs as we can think of to show off to each other that we have a superior knowlege smile2smile2smile2smile2

Well it's in the title.

Your favourite Motown song. Not lets list as many Motown songs as we can think of to show off to each other that we have a superior knowlege smile2smile2smile2smile2

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh. Having a little strop are we?

Yeah that's why I have NOT taken part in the soul without motown..they are not exactly queueing up are they!!!

Great Smokey choice Charlie..here's mine

THE LOVE I SAW IN YOU WAS JUST A MIRAGE...superb...................

pete c...still riding a vespa and listening to that Motown sound

I noticed that too - I thought at the time it would - you know with Stax fans, Atlantic fans or whatever. But seems Motown is the one that does the trick! As it should be!

Well it's in the title.

So let me get this right.

We have a topic called 'motown your favourite song' and people who love motown (as Craig said) don't just have one favourite - they have dozens and it changes as they hear something again. So these folks share their love of Motwon by sharing song titles with each other - like going to a go-go - because it's fun. It's not doing any one any harm

So what exactly is the problem here? If'n you don't like it in the Pizza hut - there's always a great Indian just down the road right? Leave the boys with their toys and everyone's happy. !englandflag!

Well if you want to play Rugby don't pick up a tennis ball.

Call it.

"Motown your favourite songs on a day to day basis depending on what mood you got up in this bloody morning."

Then it might be a bit clearer!!

smile2smile2smile2

Well if you want to play Rugby don't pick up a tennis ball.

Call it.

"Motown your favourite songs on a day to day basis depending on what mood you got up in this bloody morning."

Then it might be a bit clearer!!

smile2smile2smile2

I think you're confusing me with someone who actually gives a s**t. The topic isn't all about you. Get over yourself. !inthebin!

Oh O.K. As you were

Come back Pete C on your Vespa all is forgiven

Charlie knows best

I know nothing

Sorry I just stated the bloody obvious