'favourite Motown tracks of the day'

Chill boys! I tend to dig out cd's that I havent heard in a while, and chnage my mind about my current favourite........nowt wrong with that!

So today its Cryin in the night by The Monitors, and im not just digging up obscure no one has heard this before tracks, but, if you havent, have a listen, its PURE Motown!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whilst working in in Detroit I took the opportunity to visit Hitsville USA, the Motown Museum. I have to say it was fanbloodytastic. It tells the story from the early days of Tamla. They had Mich

In a recent survey on Soul Source this Motown record was voted best ever. The vocals of Levi Stubbs make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

Might be a time to re-post my live recording of The Four Tops at the Odeon in the early 70s . I am sure that Still Waters was their current single at the time (unfortunately not on this bit ) . Abs

I'm chuffed - It's a bonus track on my 'Elgins meet the Monitors' CD. I just played it and you're right - pure motown - so is 'Share a little Love with me' also on the CD - jusy playing it now!

It's a lonely Nottstalgia without Pete's Vespa - Come back mate!

I have all three Cellar Fulls and there is some great stuff on all of them. I also have two called 'Mod fave raves' They both have motor scooters on the front - one is a lambretta, the other is..........A Vespa! A Vespa Sportique in fact! !englandflag! Do you have them Pete? They kick off with Barret Strong doing 'Money' The Monitors appear with 'Number one in your heart' and there is also the Contours version of 'Just a litle misunderstanding' Which I had never heard till about '72 when a guy I was sharing a flat with, on Gregory Bolevard, had it in his collection. It became one of my favourites straight away! welcomehome

Obviously being in "The Trade" Ive got all the cd's mentioned here, I have to admit though, I dont think "Cellar 3" is as good as the previous 2, with the exception of The Spinners track.

PS, it was a Sportique that I had my accident on back in 66 when I was far too youing to be even riding it!!

Obviously being in "The Trade" Ive got all the cd's mentioned here, I have to admit though, I dont think "Cellar 3" is as good as the previous 2, with the exception of The Spinners track.

PS, it was a Sportique that I had my accident on back in 66 when I was far too youing to be even riding it!!

You get your money for nothing - and your CDs are free! !congrats!

You get your money for nothing - and your CDs are free! !congrats!

Not any more!! I was a lazy bu99er and never ever filled in the return sheets that the companies sent, so I have to buy them, just like lesser mortals! !laughing! ......Erm.........whats the post about refrigeration got to do with anything.......?

Not any more!! I was a lazy bu99er and never ever filled in the return sheets that the companies sent, so I have to buy them, just like lesser mortals! !laughing! ......Erm.........whats the post about refrigeration got to do with anything.......?

I htink it's a line out of the song..................

Yes I have that one Charlie but can't put my hands on it..must be mixed up with other stuff.. have a few more with scooters on will get the covers on to photo bucket later.

a track off one of them for todays choice Marvin Gaye..Can I Get A Witness

pete c...still riding a vespa

I ain't shifting no bloody refridgerators for no one

Ah.......thinking outside the Motown circle I believe here.........could we be talking Dire Straits, who incidentally teamed up with Chris Rea and became..........................................................................

Chris Straits...........hands up if you thought I was gonna say Dire Rea!!???? !clapping!

The referrence is to the content of "Money For Nothing" isnt it?

Well, it may not be as good but I reckon the Smokey track is good - and Dennis Edwards, Yvonne Fair and Chris Clark..................then the opener by Brenda Holloway an the second CD - And the Contours and Rita Wright..........The rest isn't brill but it isn't too bad either..... :smile: