'favourite Motown tracks of the day'

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whilst working in in Detroit I took the opportunity to visit Hitsville USA, the Motown Museum. I have to say it was fanbloodytastic. It tells the story from the early days of Tamla. They had Mich

In a recent survey on Soul Source this Motown record was voted best ever. The vocals of Levi Stubbs make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

Might be a time to re-post my live recording of The Four Tops at the Odeon in the early 70s . I am sure that Still Waters was their current single at the time (unfortunately not on this bit ) . Abs

OK - lets go for the big one - altogether now......................'Talking 'bout My Girl'. Even if you hate Motown you have to love that song! Although.....I CAN think of two people that won't !laughing!

Everythings Coming Up Love.............David Ruffin. Brill song, I havent checked, but it sounds like it was arranged/produced by Van McCoy.

Not one I know but I do have 'You can come right back to me' on Soul Satisfaction 4 - a brilliant series! (I know - you have all five :smile: )

We are going to have to change the title to "Whatever Motown track you can think of on a minute by minute basis" 'caus I'm sure all these are not your singular favourite Charlie.

Chill boys! I tend to dig out cd's that I havent heard in a while, and chnage my mind about my current favourite........nowt wrong with that!

So today its Cryin in the night by The Monitors, and im not just digging up obscure no one has heard this before tracks, but, if you havent, have a listen, its PURE Motown!

Back with the old beef Beefy hey? Tell you what, take it up with Craig - it's his post.

As it happens I have loads and loads of motown CDs and 45s and, Like Craig, as I dig em out a new favourite emerges.

Actually, it was Radfordred who started the topic.

And yes, hands up, I am the music man......I come from........oh hang on, im the music mod, and agree with Charlie that whilst digging thru the collection, and being in my job, I do have one or two cd's, I will hear something that immediately takes up its position as " My Favourite Motown Track......only to be replaced ages after.....ok....possibly moments after!!! !jumping!

I think it fair to say that there are sooo many great Motown songs, its impossible to choose just one to stick with.

Not a good enough reason to change your mind every 10 seconds ........in my opinion

Lets keep everyone happy, and call it "Your Favourite Motown Track Of The Day!......................?

That still won't do it - not with beefy, who is totally down on this topic - let's please make it 'favourite Motown tracks of the day'.

I am not totaly down on this topic , I just think the title is wrong thats all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOTOWN OF THE MOMENT

There, its new title should keep everyone happy...............

Well, there is a CD - Motown Conoisseurs vol 2 which I was palying in the car this afternoon and I think it's one of the best compilations they've done. great tracks - Temptations, I've got heaven right here on earth and a guy I've never heard of before - G C Cameron - I don't want to play pajama games

A little bit more temptation - 'Ain't too proud to beg' 'Beauty's only skin deep' and 'The way you do the things you do'

Today's favourite.......................I WANT TO GO BACK THERE AGAIN by CHRIS CLARK..DUSTY SPRINGFIELD ALSO COVERED THIS

Hi Jan, good to see you at Ilkeston the other night, and tell Mondo he was mentioned in The Dungeon section will you?........keep him happy!

Anyway, todays fave...................and this was released on an LP via Motown, after Berry had bought up Ric Tic.....Please Let Me In......JJ Barnes.

Hey up Craig - funnily enough when I was ay the Penny, I had an album of Ric Tic singles - thing is I can't remember what it was called or anything - it's an age thing - would you happen to have seen anythiong like it at all and maybe know what it was called - then I could try to track it down - it was very, very good.

Charlie, it sounds like the same LP, called Ric Tic Relics, lots of great tracks, inc Frances Nero, JJ Barnes, and I recall The San Remo Strings (or one of their pseudonyms) doing the insto version of Marvins Lucky Lucky Me.

When I was on Trent, I kept all my records in what we referred to as the back shed, which was soon to be turned into something else, and so the boss asked me to re house all my stuff...................long story short, I didnt, and the biggest majority of my collection got skipped, inc that LP !!!!!!!

It was indeed Ric Tic Relics! Thank you very much! When I left the Penny they tried to hang on to my records on the basis that they'd given me £4 a week to buy them! The guy that took over let me into the club very early one morning and I was able to rescue all my singles - I left a lot of albums behind - so not a total success. I also had some stuff in my digs - freebies mostly - that I always meant to reclaim but never did. They didn't seem worth the trouble at the time. I sometimes wish I had - Even bad music is interesting when it's old! Now I'm going to google the album and see if I can get a track listing!