'favourite Motown tracks of the day'

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whilst working in in Detroit I took the opportunity to visit Hitsville USA, the Motown Museum. I have to say it was fanbloodytastic. It tells the story from the early days of Tamla. They had Mich

In a recent survey on Soul Source this Motown record was voted best ever. The vocals of Levi Stubbs make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

Might be a time to re-post my live recording of The Four Tops at the Odeon in the early 70s . I am sure that Still Waters was their current single at the time (unfortunately not on this bit ) . Abs

Great feature in this months Record Collector magazine The Birth of Motown well worth a look..my favorite motown track today Mary Wells What's Easy For Two Is So Hard For One released on the Stateside label in 1963 and was written by Smokey it was the b side to You Lost The Sweetest Boy written by Holland Dozier Holland.

pete c....still riding a vespa

Hi Charlie I'm sure you will find it an interesting article..sorry not been on here like I said but just bought a new laptop and have been setting up a wireless network to run this, my pc and my daughters laptop..everything up and running ok now.

Pete, if you and the Vespa are free saturday night (21st) Im doing a Motown and soul nigh at The Baltimore (Exchange) Castle Marina, theres obviously a charge on the door, but it should be worth it!!!!

Hi Craig thanks for that but sods law Im working this Saturday night but would appreciate you letting me know about any future events so that me and my other half can hopefully make it...but in the mondeo not the vespa!!!

Pete, take a look at the "westgate Suites" thread, still in this section, ive posted when stuffs happening there, plus, starting June, theres another night on a Saturday in a venue a bit north of Nottm, not too far away though! Just noticed youre in Giltbrook, thats even closer for you/

There's a Motown 50th aniversary special weekend on BBC 4 , this weekend (It's already started )

I loved all of it , especially Martha Reeves and the Vandellas doing 'Heatwave' on the Jools Holland show

Sorry I was trying to be sarchastic re Martha , the Vandellas were still good , although they were more than likely aided and abeted by out of shot backing singers !!

Still good and it sent a sense of nostalgia about the room that SWMBO didn't understand!!

Just to let you know, theres a "Legends of Motown" show coming to The Arena, June 24.

Martha and the Vandellas, Mary Wilson of The Supremes, Jr Walkers All Stars, (note it doesnt say and!) The Commodores, and more.

I stayed up to watch the Motown thing last night, after The New Avengers, it was good. If you have the dvd of the made for American tv, "The Temptations Story," it gives an insight to the workings of the label, and its artists.

Its also sad to see how David Ruffin went, leading to his untimely premature death.