'favourite Motown tracks of the day'

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a recent survey on Soul Source this Motown record was voted best ever. The vocals of Levi Stubbs make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

Whilst working in in Detroit I took the opportunity to visit Hitsville USA, the Motown Museum. I have to say it was fanbloodytastic. It tells the story from the early days of Tamla. They had Mich

there are so many it was such a great era it's to difficult to select just one track I got a feeling - Barbara Randolph Helpless - Kim Weston (Cordy Label) Walk away Renee - Four Tops Tracks of my

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Motown is one of my favourite music genders. Smokey Robinson, Jimmy Ruffin (What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted), Four Tops, Temptations etc. Was Percy Sledge also Motown? Love When A Man Loves A Woman, best slow dance song ever. 

• Like 1

Whilst working in in Detroit I took the opportunity to visit Hitsville USA, the Motown Museum. I have to say it was fanbloodytastic. It tells the story from the early days of Tamla.

They had Michael Jackson's jewelled glove on display.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1