Sounds like a bit of heresay then, Pete. Nevertheless as you say, great albums, full of energy with the superb horns of the Ram Jammers.

A few years back I used to get Rob Smith to save any Geno 45's he came across for me. Got quite a collection now. Somebody also bought me a relatively modern release of a lot of his old stuff called 'My Bomber, My Dexy's, My High' - pretty good.

Stu do you know anywhere in Nottingham that still sells old vinyl..I know Selectadisc have a vinyl selection upstairs but is there any other place that still sells old 60's & 70's records.

pete c....still riding a vespa

Don't tell me Robs Record Mart has gone (It is / was on Hurts yard (Off upper parliament street)

Stu do you know anywhere in Nottingham that still sells old vinyl..I know Selectadisc have a vinyl selection upstairs but is there any other place that still sells old 60's & 70's records.

Rob's is still there there, Pete. Hurts Yard is opposite where the Odeon used to be. You have to go there - it's an incredible place!

Wow..what an aladdins cave that shop is..spent £63.00..and that's after he knocked a bit off...will certainly be back there again..must be the only place like it in Nottingham..could spend a week in there.

Can't believe you hadn't heard of it Pete (Where have you been hiding ) He's been there donkeys years, and as I understand he's still doing a bit of mobile stuff still!!!

Glad you liked it, Pete. Rob's has been an institution around here for a while now. I don't think I've seen anything like it in this country.

Amazing how Rob can pretty well always find whatever it is you're asking for!

Rob's Records

Craig would perhaps know better than me but the last time I went in ther eon a Saturday Rob was doing THREE gigs that night - two locals followed by an all-nighter in the West Midlands!

I remember him dashing out of The Thurland one night and sending my girlfreind flying (He appologised profusely and said he had to get to Derby for 11.30pm. It was already ten past!!)

No I honestly didn't know it was there..must have led a sheltered life!!!..very interesting shop..how does he know where everything is..thanks to everyone on here that told me about it..think I'm going to be a regular customer.

Spent a fortune in there over the years too

Showed him my Beatles ,Please Please Me, Album once (Mentioned elsewhere) and he nearly shut the shop for a bit (Only nearly)

• 1 year later...

'Good evening, I'm from Essex, in case you couldn't tell, my middle name is Dicky, I come from Billericay, and I'm doing..... very well'.

A true and much loved genius, I've got tearful thinking about him and his sad demise, I can't wait to see this film, the actor portraying him looks amazing, Elvis, eat your heart out, 'Spasticus' could do the things you gave up on in the end.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...