Been playing one of my Dungeon Club cd's today..Sam & Dave's "You Don't Know Like I Know"...the song goes something like... You don't know like i know what that woman has done for me, in the morning she's my?? and in the evening she's my??...i have always thought they sang "in the morning she's my water and in the evening she's my cup of tea"...but that makes no sense at all.. is there any one on here can tell me what they ARE singing?

pete c....puzzled and still riding a vespa

YOU DON'T KNOW LIKE I KNOW

(Isaac Hayes / David Porter)

Sam & Dave

Also recorded by :

Steve Alaimo; The Bar-Kays; Cliff Bennett & the Rebel; Bob & Earl;

Lattimore Brown; David Essex; John Farnham; The Forever Fabulous;

Peter Frampton; Owen Gray; Isaac Hayes; The Hollies;

Chuck Jackson; Jimmy James & the Vagabonds; Ronnie Jones;

Zoot Money's Big Roll Band; Oslo Gospel Choir; The Pioneers;

The Specials; Johnnie Taylor; The Tremeloes;

Geno Washington & the Ram Jam Band; Wired Band.

You don't know like I know

What that woman has done for me

In the morning, she's my water

In the evening, she's my cup of tea

As long as I live

Wherever trouble lies

I go to her, and like a miracle

Everything just turns out right

She brings her lovin' home now,

Just the way it's supposed to be

What she want, she can get

Tender loving

Well she's ready

Yeah she's ready

Yeah she's ready and willing

(bridge)

As long as I live

Wherever trouble lies

I go to her, and like a miracle

Everything just gets alright

In the morning, she's my water

In the evening, she's my cup of tea

Nobody knows

Nobody knows

Nobody knows like I know

You don't know

You don't know

You don't know

Nobody knows

Been playing one of my Dungeon Club cd's today..Sam & Dave's "You Don't Know Like I Know"...the song goes something like... You don't know like i know what that woman has done for me, in the morning she's my?? and in the evening she's my??...i have always thought they sang "in the morning she's my water and in the evening she's my cup of tea"...but that makes no sense at all.. is there any one on here can tell me what they ARE singing?

pete c....puzzled and still riding a vespa

What about that stonking version by Geno on Funky Butt Live, Pete. A cracker too eh? Just perfect for the Ram Jam Band too.

Yeah Geno did a great version..might get my album out tomorrow and give it a blast!..the point I was trying to make was why would the woman be his "water"..what's that all about and why is she his cup of tea in the evening..they don't really drink tea in the USA..she should be his coffee....sorry it's beyond me!!!

pete c....still puzzled and still riding a vespa...in the morning she's my vespa and in the evening she's my vespa too.

Never had an oil leak on mine (It drank loads though) I went to Cornwall and back on mine in the 80's and used 3 gallon of petrol and 2 pints of oil!!!!!!!!!

Bet your arse was sore when you got back!!!...seriously Ian I know they made millions of those Honda 50's and 90's so I guess they were reliable..more so than the old british bikes..you still see a few guys out on those old Nortons, Royal Enfields etc..usually get a nod from them as they go past in the opposite direction..would have got something else off them back in the day!!!.....just thinking what's all this got to do with Sam & Dave!

pete c....still riding a vespa

• 1 month later...
Bet your arse was sore when you got back!!!...seriously Ian I know they made millions of those Honda 50's and 90's so I guess they were reliable..more so than the old british bikes..you still see a few guys out on those old Nortons, Royal Enfields etc..usually get a nod from them as they go past in the opposite direction..would have got something else off them back in the day!!!.....just thinking what's all this got to do with Sam & Dave!

pete c....still riding a vespa

Heyyyyyyyy I rode on the back of those Nortons BSA Gold Stars & Bonnevilles...listened to AND played Sam & Dave........hows that for a link? :tongue: