Personally I couldn’t see the attraction of going on such a thing but to only make a bragging conversation piece while in the company of ones lesser peers.

Some people would find it fun but for me looking over the rooftops of Nottingham isn’t on my wish to do list, I would rather take the tram from Station street to Hucknal for my kicks, much better views.

Bip.

Have you ever thought of joining the diplomatic corps Den ??????? There'd be no wars then !!

I enjoyed my trip on "The eye" and took loads of photos and as Radfordred said it was just a joke by Jo and Twiggy (although I did fall for it and had a good look and took several photos as above)

But this begs a question. If the eye was aimed at tourists (Attracting new ones and giving present ones something to do) why did they use a pair of nonentities like them, who no one outside of whichever radio stations broadcast zone , will have heard of and therefore would not understand their inane banter!!??

Ian S .Still riding the high horse

I'm not knocking anyone who's been on I just don’t see the point.

It’s not as if it’s one of the seven wonders is it?

I surpose once one has flown over Niagara Falls in a helicopter been up the CN tower in Toronto Canada and stood next to the largest waterfalls in Brazil the Nottingham eye pales into insignificance much like a ride at the Nottingham fair.....pointless!

Bip.

I went on it as well and thoroughly enjoyed it - didn't have the commentary so perhaps they switched it off.

It just offered a viewpoint you don't usually get, how else could you get a view like this?

2343480741_4a4119fe3b.jpg

It just offered a viewpoint you don't usually get, how else could you get a view like this?

From a Balloon? now that was a ride.

I went on it as well and thoroughly enjoyed it - didn't have the commentary so perhaps they switched it off.

2343480741_4a4119fe3b.jpg

Great picture Zab - and if you look closely to the left you can see my chillers and ductwork on the roof of Debenhams !sleeping!

I get a better view of Nottingham from the roof of the Newton Building. Strangely enough, I've never taken my camera up there and will have to wait now until they've finished the refurbishment.

Although I did take one of the Corner House construction when the foundations were being put in place. I'll see if I can dig it out.

• 9 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...