Famous catchphrases

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'As the art mistress said to the gardener.' Marlene - or was it Monica? It was prolly Monica. Both the wonderful Beryl Reid. (I often use this myself.)

I'm playing all the right notes......but not necessarily in the right order. Eric Morcambe

My favourite at the moment is FFS !

"She knows you know" Yorkshire accent and she used to be in the pickle factory sitcom with the half of the Jimmy Jewel & Ben Warriss duo after one of them died with a heart attack, I think.

Thought it might be Thora Hird but unsure or maybe Hilda Baker.

I think my absolute favorite and I still quote it to my sil's,

"You Plonka Rodney" from Delboy in Fools and Horses.

"She knows you know" Yorkshire accent and she used to be in the pickle factory sitcom with the half of the Jimmy Jewel & Ben Warriss duo after one of them died with a heart attack, I think.

Thought it might be Thora Hird but unsure or maybe Hilda Baker.

It was Hilda Baker. She used to do a comedy act with a silent partner - a very tall woman, actually played by a man, called Cynthia - and used the catch phrase in that.

She also had another catch phrase: 'Be soon, I said - be soon!', which I seem to remember being a TV series.

It was Jimmy Jewel who she was with in 'Nearest and Dearest' about the pickle factory.

#32 memories of my dear old Dad came rushing back catfan" he always said "think lucky and you will be" he liked a little flutter on the "bobos"

"Let's see what you could have won" .....Bullseye.

Michael, that phrase was "Classic" !

I always used to think, what would two contestants do with a speedboat ? chop it in half !

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

I will start off with a comedian

"Hello My Darlings" Charlie Drake

Seeing as there is an comedy influence to the start of this thread i'll add some from Dad's Army

Dont' panic and They don't like it up 'em

Lance Corporal Jones

You Stupid Boy - Captain Mainwaring

Were doomed - Private Frazer

I am very much looking forward to the upcoming film to see if they can re-create the magic of the original.

My favourite at the moment is FFS !

• Upvote 2

Yes Marlene did used to say that but there was "behind the potting shed" at the end Best wishes Peter

• Upvote 1

I like that one Eileen,...............also when asked a Question,......answer..........'no its just the way i'm standing'....don't know who said it 1st.

• Upvote 1

Bootsie and Snudge with "I'll be leavin' ya now sir" - holding his hand out