Famous catchphrases

#70 Eileen,.......just googled (it did't hurt) it was 'Beyond our Ken'.........but i'm sure they got it off 'Percy Thrower' ?

Yes, it was Kenneth Williams in the character of Arthur Fallowfield.

Speaking of Kenneth Williams - 'no, stop messing about!' originally from Hancock's Half Hour.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'As the art mistress said to the gardener.' Marlene - or was it Monica? It was prolly Monica. Both the wonderful Beryl Reid. (I often use this myself.)

I'm playing all the right notes......but not necessarily in the right order. Eric Morcambe

My favourite at the moment is FFS !

EileenH #70

Round the Horne was one of the funniest radio shows closely followed by I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again (ISIRTA) that starred all The Goodies and John Cleese. I remember the singing football results where Forest beat Manchester United four nil. The program always finished with The Angus Prune Tune.

They are all available on You Tube and well worth a listen. Unfortunately none of these programs could be broadcast today as they would raise the ire of the pc police.

The Rag Trade little lady (can't remember her name) use to blow her whistle and shout Every Body Out.

Hello! Hello! I will say this only once.

Dave Allen

Good night God bless

My your God go with you.

Thanks Benjamin 1945

her name slipped out of my brain

• 2 weeks later...