Love the Junior Murvin......Police and Thieves track. The flip side is great too

O yes cracking song The Clash did a very good version as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKd6Ghl17x0...feature=related

Quite like The Last Shadow Puppets - Standing Next To Me track very walker brothers 2nd one on the play list

Its not local Shaun Keaveny breakfast show on BBC 6 music plays some cracking stuff & good guests , just listening to Tuesday 8 July's show ...

This was on the radio? Bloody hell! Mind you, for a while I had Internet radio from the States - no Djs just music and you could go in and select 'music in the style of' and it would then tell you a little about the artist's style - their music - the key they played it in and so on. I really heard some great stuff. Then they wrote and said they weren't allowed listeners from outside the States. Does anyone know if there is anything like it in the UK (or anywhere that we can listen to)?

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies to Charlie and Denshaw, as a lot of you know, id had big probs with my laptop, and then the router went stupid, so, sorry for not replying!

Right, As you prolly know, I did a "do you know Stu Morris thing ages back, and so far we managed to get Jan his buddy on board here, but not quite Stu yet, and yes, he is a regular contributer to Mary Fox's show on Beeb Stoke.

Re Mr Blackburn, and the hiccups at the weekend of June 28/9, that theoretically wouldnt be down to him, more likely the complexities of a first show being networked, although he might have screwed it up!

I am sure that I was told a few years ago that Stu had suffered some ill health

and was living in Spain? or I could be mixing him up with someone else

If that is possible.

Did Stu have some connection with the Rolling Stones some years ago?

Also its nice to see Jan (Yan) here as he has historical family connections for myself.

As mentioned elsewhere I am sure I heard that he (Stu) had a couple of heart attacks in the mid / early 90s

As mentioned elsewhere I am sure I heard that he (Stu) had a couple of heart attacks in the mid / early 90s

I worked with Stu quite a bit in the mid 90's on some soul nights. I THINK he had a heart by pass @ some point but he was in good health when I worked with him. He also came to a series of Reunions at the Union that Keith & I put on at the Union.......What a blast they were!!!...lol

Union REUNIONS!!!!

When is the next?

You mean you MISSED them?????????? Jeeez !tony!

• 4 years later...
Brian Tansley passed away today R.I.P.

Had he been ill ?

I sent a message to Solid Gold Gem on facebook , for his attention in February , as I read somewhere his mum had been the millionth customer at ( funnily enough) GEM at West Bridgford.

I wondered if there was a photograph of the occasion for something I was doing at the time but never got a reply .

• 8 months later...