Here is a picture taken of my class at TBS at what I think must be my last junior year - I am top row, second from left after our form teacher, can't be sure of the year, may be '64 - does anybody recognise themselves here or know the date, can remember a few names still! I think the right hand teacher was a student, but can't be sure, any info' appreciated :smile:

schoolphotofromTBSadjjpg.jpg

This is the year behind me? I moved up to the Seniors in 63.

I should know people on there?

I tried to open photoshop to enlarge it, but it wont run tonite?

Thanks Ian

Don't recognise anyone? The teacher on the right is quite fit :)

My Teacher was Miss Slack, an old teacher who knew how to use the strap.

This is the year behind me? I moved up to the Seniors in 63.

I should know people on there?

I tried to open photoshop to enlarge it, but it wont run tonite?

Hi Mick,

The original Epson/Photoshop scan I have is very detailed & sharp, I can e-mail you a larger file of this if you wish?

I'll try for a few names, but don't quote me lol :-

Top Row - 1st Rita? then me, 5th from left Glen, 7th from Left Kevin Dunford, 12th Vincent, the girl last in the row, Olga.

Middle Row - 2nd from left Teresa (believe she lived next to the canal up near Trent Bridge), third Irene? 11th Julie?

Bottom Row - 2nd from left, Shaun (who I think lived around the Glapton road Bathley street area), extreme Right, Salvatori, his surname I think - italian lad

That's about all I can dredge out of the grey matter at present - the rest of the names are all on the tip of my tong, but will probably advance no further than that, Mr memory I aint :rolleyes:

Paul.

Thanks Ian

Don't recognise anyone? The teacher on the right is quite fit :)

My Teacher was Miss Slack, an old teacher who knew how to use the strap.

I remember the strap well, I must have been a very baaaad boy then :ohmy:

Also remember one of the teachers used to cane you (well me) with the round handle of the cane, on the derrier, not a memory I care to savour ouch!

I was at Trent Bridge around that time, it could have been the year above me. Teachers i remember are Mrs Mcarthey, Hedley, Slack. Mr Griffin and the headmaster D H Smith.

Den.

Yes, those names sound familiar Hedley was one of my teachers certainly, there was also a J. Harvey who was the Janny! I think the (fit!) right hand teacher could have been Miss Willets?

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul, my sister would have been in that year (Eileen Henshaw) but she's not on that photo, maybe the other class, were the classes called x and y?

The black girl on the right could have been Iona Walker. Where abouts in the Meadows did you live?

Den.

Hi Paul, my sister would have been in that year (Eileen Henshaw) but she's not on that photo, maybe the other class, were the classes called x and y?

The black girl on the right could have been Iona Walker. Where abouts in the Meadows did you live?

Den.

Hi Den

I am fairly certain I recall a girl called Eileen, not sure about the x & y bit, must be memory failure lol, One of my best Friends in that class was called Kenneth Rust, but not sure which one he is on the photo? I lived on Wilford Crescent East, number 27 & Glen in the picture, another good Friend at the time lived up on Wilford Crescent West, but I think he moved away from the area just before me, whereabouts were you Den?

Paul.

I lived on Glebe St near St Saviors church. I attended Trent Bridge juniors until 1965 and went on to Roland Green school. On Wilford crescent i remember Lynn Vear and Brian Butt.

Den.

I remember Glebe Street, just across from Arkwright Street, must have knocked around with some guys there - 1965 would have been my first & only year at TBS seniors before we moved to Gedling, I have another pic' of our form from that senior year, I'll post it up tomorrow hopefully, would love to visit the old Crescent but I guess Glebe Street is long gone now, was christened in St. Saviours!

Can't place the 2 names you mention though.

• 1 year later...

TBSS

Just hit the Add Reply button next to the start a new topic button at the bottom of the page then just type your message in the box that appears

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I am Julia Woods now Keats and on the pic I am second row from front and third one in from the right. Just above Salvatore and below Olga? The teacher on the right was a student. Cant for the life of me recall all of the names but probably will in time. And yes Miss Slack did like to use that strap! I now live in Marbella. I have that photo and think if I dig it out there will be a date on it. It must be either 63 or 64. I am 60 this year so would have been around 7 ish.

• Upvote 2

Looking at the photograph, the first thing that comes to mind is that it must have been a cold day - by their attitudes, they all look a bit chilled.

And, is that poor little kid on the back row (5th from right) asking his schoolmate how come he is getting pushed out of line?

• 3 months later...

Hi Julia, just seen this post, I have a great memory from those days of yourself & Rita, if you ever come back to this site I will tell it & see if you remember, concerns my Mother who is long gone from this life!

Like yourself, Olga & Salvatore were big in my life as school friends in those days!

Hi A charlseworth, Sorry, but although I remember Vince, can't recall his surname, although lived closed to me, are you in this pic?

Yes, I remember her very well, she was from the Ukraine, energetic fun-filled girl, very likeable!