Nottingham murders

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just browsing through this thread while waiting for my paint to dry on me bathtub, where I noticed at the beginning of the thread the name Collette Aram was mentioned. Her murder was somewhere down Ad

Were still the tops I believe in murders. I am trying to compile a list of noyttingham murders between 1984-1995 Can Anyone help by remembering any details or names? 1. Sarah Harper, Abducted from

I can remember that murder in a cafe in Basford in the early 1970's, when a young woman murdered her husband because he was horrible to her, she wanted to get rid of him and bring in her lover to live

Does anyone know anything about the Drummond murders in France?.They lived in Spencer House Nuthall it was about 1953 when it happened i think Mr Drummond was a director of Boots i remember as a child his children let me ride on their horse i think the whole family was murdered.

I was told of a murder on Burns Street, just off Waverley Street.  The story was told to me by Bob Highton "Big Red " soon after I joined  the City fire brigade in early '68. It must have been earlier sixties I think -  they had been called to a fire on Burns Street. As he was going up the stairs, through the smoke, his head hit something. looking up it was some ones legs, hanging. He told me he ran out in fright !. When the smoke had cleared, blood was seen leaking through a bedroom ceiling,

in the attic was found the body of a girl. It was found, apparently, that the father had murdered the girl, set fire to the house and hung himself.

I don't think this was a tall tale as it seemed to trouble him all the time I knew him. 

I don't see it referred to on this thread   - was it all true anyone ?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/7/2021 at 1:18 PM, Mandydale said:

They was a murder and body of a woman found on king georges park on aspley Lane bk in early 1990s anyone remember that 

Yes her name was Jill wheelhouse I went school with her sister june she was murdered by her boyfriend I think Nat 100%sure his name summut like orvil ?

• 2 months later...

I knew the Tizzard family (there were loads of them, a great family) who ran the Swinger (Forest Hotel) on Bulwell Hall Estate, then they took on the Jubilee pub up Carlton way & visited them a few times, then lost touch with them. I remember the murder & thinking if he was one of them. Years later was talking about the murder at work & a woman said her daughter dated a Tizzard & is almost certain they're related. She thinks he was a milkman... 

• 3 months later...

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows about an elderly lady from Beeston who was murdered in the 1980/90s? Unsure of exact date. She was followed home off the bus and murdered in her living room, police only knew because she hadn't called her family as usual so someone was sent out to do a welfare check and found her.just wanted some more info or to read an article if anyone recognises it

Could it be this one. Vera Moore 83 years. Offender was a local man named by police as Martin Cogan, 38, of Carwood Road, Beeston, Nottinghamshire. The date is later than you thought but it seems to fit your scenario.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2723363.stm

• 5 months later...

I was on remand with this piece of shit John Bainbridge he did 20 yrs for this murder I remember the word on the wing was he was a nonce rapist but at trial they said they weren't pursuing any sexual motive but we knew he had rated her but he got away without a kicking, arrogant pond life who was a grass as well plus in 2016 the cold case detectives arrested him for another rape after advances in DNA17 technology he eventually pleaded guilty and got a second life sentence with 8 year tariff, should have been banged up for life 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-38269711

Had a notification bell this am., to say Tcell "quoted you in a topic, Nottingham murders". ??

I can't see anything in his post that is in anyway connected to me.

I've no idea what these posts are about and have no knowledge of the person's involved, either victims or perpetrator of these crimes. Can anybody enlighten me?

Cheers., much appreciated.

Didn't want anybody thinking I was in anyway connected with John Bainbridge, whoever the hell he is.

On 4/6/2010 at 8:37 AM, .... said:

Yes, that's him, Den. His house where he was fatally attacked outside was pretty well opposite The Cherry Tree Club (as was) on Redhill Road. That's just down below Redhill School as the road heads towards Cross Street, Arnold. The attack happened very early morning as Phil Tizzard was preparing for his early morning milk round I believe.

I knew Phil Tizzard quite well being friends and classmates at Redhill. We didn't see each other that much after leaving and starting work but re-connected when we used to have a drink with him in the Arnold Working Men's Club where my mum & dad used to go. I can still remember hearing the news and being shocked to the core. I believe it was a close family member that was the perpetrator and was found out when they were overhead talking about it in the Cherry Tree Club

• 7 months later...

This thread contains lots of information about Nottingham murders, no small wonder that when Chat GPT was asked about stereotypes of people from the counties of England, it came up with this about Nottinghamshire.

The Dialy Mail article can be found here MailOnline asks ChatGPT to come up with a stereotype for residents in all UK counties | Daily Mail Online All counties adjacent to Nottinghamshire came up with a similar stereotype. For those that live in forrin parts they can check their county too.

"Being rough or uncivilized: There may be a stereotype that people from Nottinghamshire are rough, uncivilized or uncultured, perhaps due to a history of industrialization and working-class roots. Being violent or aggressive: There may be a perception that people from Nottinghamshire are more likely to engage in violent or aggressive behavior, perhaps due to a reputation for gang activity in some areas. Being uneducated or unambitious: There may be a stereotype that people from Nottinghamshire are less educated or less ambitious than those from other areas, and that they may be less interested in pursuing higher education or career advancement."