Nottingham murders

Were still the tops I believe in murders.

I am trying to compile a list of noyttingham murders between 1984-1995

Can Anyone help by remembering any details or names?

1. Sarah Harper, Abducted from Leeds and drowned in the Trent @ Wilford (1985?).
Convicted: Robert Black (Serial killer)

2. Wayne Keaton, 10 year old Murdered at Bestwood (1985)
Convicted: Atherton & Cleary. Cleary appealed and was released after serving 9 years.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just browsing through this thread while waiting for my paint to dry on me bathtub, where I noticed at the beginning of the thread the name Collette Aram was mentioned. Her murder was somewhere down Ad

Were still the tops I believe in murders. I am trying to compile a list of noyttingham murders between 1984-1995 Can Anyone help by remembering any details or names? 1. Sarah Harper, Abducted from

I can remember that murder in a cafe in Basford in the early 1970's, when a young woman murdered her husband because he was horrible to her, she wanted to get rid of him and bring in her lover to live

• 1 year later...

Bury, murdered by Notts County Meadow Lane April 3rd 2010 !rotfl! sorry couldn't resist it, Have mentioned elsewhere someone who lived on forest rd I knew of (bought motorbike off him) murdered somewhere off Alfreton Road around 1970,

I remember reading in a book called "Nottingham Hangings" by Terry ?? that there was a murder on Bathley street the meadows up towards Arkwright street, can't remember the details though, I think post WW2 but before the 50's the house is still standing

Rog

There was a murder on Wollaton Vale in 1984/5?

A builder killed his business partner and concreted him under the floor of a house

they were renovating. The story was told in one of those true crime magazines.

Anyone any knowledge of it or know which magazine it was in?

City's recent history of murders

http://news.bbc.co.u...ire/3732706.stm

bit old that link Stu !!!

They do say that when the Clifton Bridges are demolished , there will be a whole lot of 60s/ 70s 'dissapearences' cleared up !!!!

There was a murder on Wollaton Vale in 1984/5?

A builder killed his business partner and concreted him under the floor of a house

they were renovating. The story was told in one of those true crime magazines.

I recall this case and I know the house. I think the house owner was away at the time and the first they knew is when the Police came knocking.

A newsagent off Radford Rd who was in the habit of going around the pubs flashing cash vanished in late 1960's never seen again after a night out, rumour was he finished up under hyson green flats

bit old that link Stu !!!

Still a bit too recent for what 'e wants though! Doh!

Think Phil Tizzard's murder in Arnold would have been in the specified era. He lived at one time in the flat above the stonemason's house just inside Redhill Cemetery. He was battered to death early morning, outside his home at the lower end of Redhill Road in Arnold.

Sorry I did not read the era details, one I think fits such was the murder of a young woman (think daughter of high ranking police officer) by estranged husband or boyfriend at or in grounds of an empty house on Mansfied Rd near Valley Rd? After killing her he told friends he was then going to kill the guy she'd been seeing who shared house at Arnold with my son, These friends told the police who assuming the killer was at that house mounted a full scale raid on it! Armed officers, helicopter, dogs etc, my lad and ...... were sat watching tv and suddenly all hell broke loose!

Stu, was Phil Tizzard a Milkman?

Yes, that's him, Den. His house where he was fatally attacked outside was pretty well opposite The Cherry Tree Club (as was) on Redhill Road. That's just down below Redhill School as the road heads towards Cross Street, Arnold. The attack happened very early morning as Phil Tizzard was preparing for his early morning milk round I believe.

one I think fits such was the murder of a young woman (think daughter of high ranking police officer) by estranged husband or boyfriend at or in grounds of an empty house on Mansfied Rd near Valley Rd?

I recal the murder of a police officers daughter on Mansfield Road, but was it near an old cinema on Mansfield Road at Sherwood, somewhere near the prison?

Ash, yours sounds a bit like the Lynn Goldingay murder discussed elsewhere on here (I think it was in the fosset and thorne thread of all things !!)

Martine says there was a murder/suicide in stapleford 84/85 ish...on Kennedy drive...guy called Andy McNicholl..took his girlfriend Dyliss hostage and shot her then shot himself.

Beefstake, are you wondering if it was same murder? it wasn't, as I knew Graham Neale from the band days. This bloke stabbed the girl with a knife bought from Drapers on Hartley Rd , was quite an outcry at the time about them selling such things

I recal the murder of a police officers daughter on Mansfield Road, but was it near an old cinema on Mansfield Road at Sherwood, somewhere near the prison?

Prison?....Mansfield Road?

Yep, Metropole was only a distance along Edwards Lane where it meets Mansfield Road. not heard the details of this case though. There was also The Roxy nearby, close to the Mansfield Road/Thackerys Lane junction at Daybrook/Woodthorpe.

There was a murder in the fifties...guy met a lass in the Roxy.Took her up Woodthorpe Park...when she didn't co-operate he strangled her.The police had no clues and he would have got away with it, if it hadn't been for those pesky kids, but he was a weirdo and kept phoning the police asking if he could help.

They did him but I can't remember whether he was hung or not.